Industrial REIT purchases 335 W. Crossroads in I-55 submarket and leases 190,080 SF to RTC
Chicago, IL – February 5, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — Duke Realty Corporation (Duke Realty), a leading nationwide REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust) specializing in the ownership, management and development of bulk industrial facilities, announced today that it has acquired 335 W. Crossroads, a 288,000-square-foot industrial building, and has leased 190,080 square feet in the building to RTC Industries.
The Class A industrial property, which is located in Crossroads Business Park where Duke Realty already owns 3.3 million square feet of industrial space in 10 fully leased buildings, increases Duke Realtyâ€™s industrial holdings in the I-55 corridor, Chicagoâ€™s second largest industrial market, and boasts its overall Chicago-area portfolio to more than 10.6 million square feet. The acquisition also enables Duke Realty to meet the expanded space needs of RTC, a designer of retail marketing displays that also leases its 503,200-square-foot Crossroads V building.
â€śRTC has been an excellent tenant with solid growth since becoming a Duke Realty tenant,â€ť said Steve Schnur, Senior Vice President of Duke Realtyâ€™s Chicago operations. â€śThe acquisition of 335 W. Crossroads allows us to provide RTC with the additional space it needs and complements our strategy of increasing our investment in quality industrial buildings in strong distribution markets.â€ť
335 W. Crossroads is a Class A modern bulk distribution facility with 30? clear height and 40? x 48? bays. The building also features 31 exterior docks and three drive-in doors, along with a 140? truck court and parking for 150 cars.
Jeff Kapcheck with Colliers International represented the seller of 335 W. Crossroads Parkway. Bill Frain, Todd Lippmann and Jim Whalen with CBRE represented RTC Industries in their lease.
Following RTCâ€™s lease, 97,920 square feet of space remain available for lease in 335 W. Crossroads. Interested parties should contact Duke Realtyâ€™s Chicago office at 847.232.5400.
About Duke Realty
In the greater Chicago area, Duke Realty owns, manages or has under development approximately 11.9 million square feet of office, industrial and healthcare properties and has strategic land positions available for future development. Duke Realtyâ€™s local offices are located at 9377 West Higgins Road, Suite 600 in Rosemont.
On a nationwide basis, Duke Realty owns and operates approximately 145 million rentable square feet of industrial and office assets, including medical office, in 18 major U.S. cities. Duke Realty Corporation is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol DRE and is listed on the S&P MidCap 400 Index. More information about Duke Realty is available at www.dukerealty.com.
- Essilor of America Leases Duke Realtyâ€™s Waters Ridge II
Dallas, TX - January 22, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- The Dallas office of Duke Realty Corporation (Duke Realty) today announced that Essilor of America, the leading manufacturer of optical lenses in the United States, has leased Waters Ridge II, a 169,4......
- Duke Realtyâ€™s Raleigh Office Announces 2012 Fourth Quarter Leasing Activity
Raleigh, NC - January 24, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- The Raleigh office of Duke Realty Corporation (Duke Realty) has announced that it signed 488,923 square feet in leases in the fourth quarter of 2012. This volume resulted from leases with several new tenants, as well as renewals by existing customers...
- Duke Realtyâ€™s Washington D.C. Teamâ€™s Second Quarter Transactions Top 328,000 Square Feet
Washington, D.C. - July 18, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- In the second quarter of 2011, Duke Realty Corporationâ€™s (Duke Realty) Washington, D.C. leasing team closed transactions totaling 328,786 square feet, including new leases and renewals and ext......
- Lee & Associates Procures 75,000-Square-Foot Industrial Lease
Torrance, CA - August 16, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- Lee & Associates, the nationâ€™s largest broker-owned commercial real estate services firm, brokered the lease of 75,000 square feet in a 300,000-square-foot industrial building at 120 Declarati......
- Jones Lang LaSalle Secures 2 Office Leases for SL Green at 120 West 45th Street
NEW YORK, , NY - January 18, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- Jones Lang LaSalle has completed two transactions totaling 25,274 square feet of office space for SL Green Realty Corp. at 120 West 45th Street, also known as Tower 45. DeVry College of New York s......
- ERC and NCLR Investigation Uncovers Housing Discrimination against Latinos in Three Major Metropolitan Areas
- City Provides Update on Gallier Hall
- Pending Home Sales Pick Up in July
- RealtorÂ® Award Finalists Selected for Their Dedication to Community Service
- United States District for the District of Minnesota Dismisses Multiple Challenges to MERS
- CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYMENT INCREASES IN 223 METRO AREAS BETWEEN JULY 2013 & 2014 AS 25 PERCENT OF FIRMS REPORT TURNING DOWN WORK BECAUSE OF LABOR SHORTAGES
- Kennedy Wilson Represents Buyer in $16.4 Million Sale of Self-Storage Portfolio
- Apartment and Condominium Housing Index Posts Positive Gains in the Second Quarter
- CBRE SELLS MANUFACTURING BUILDING IN FORT LAUDERDALE FOR $1.9 MILLION
- Circle K Breaks Ground on New Flagship 4,500 SF Convenience Store with Fresh Foods, Carwash & Fuel Pumps in San Jacinto, the First in Southern California
- COLLIERS INTERNATIONAL NORTHEAST FLORIDA WELCOMES SCOTT ROGERS, SIOR, CCIM TO THE INVESTMENT SERVICES TEAM