Seattle – March 15, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — Redfin (www.redfin.com), the technology-powered real estate broker, today announced a list of the nation’s fastest real estate markets, as defined by having the most homes going under contract in 24 hours or less. Redfin has coined the term “Real Estate Flash Sales” to describe this new phenomenon in the real estate market.
Following are the 15 real estate markets across the U.S. with the most flash sales recorded in the last five months:
The ranking is based on data collected from the local Multiple Listing Services (MLS), public records and information collected from Redfin real estate agents about all homes listed for sale across 21 U.S. markets from October 1, 2012 through February 26, 2013.
The inventory shortage plaguing real estate markets across the country, paired with extremely high homebuyer demand have caused the pace of the market to accelerate dramatically. Already frustrated homebuyers are finding it necessary to move very quickly to keep up with their market’s selling velocity. Using a local brokerage site like Redfin.com ensures that buyers are seeing all the homes for sale at any given moment, and not wasting time on homes that are already off the market. Additionally, Redfin’s Instant Alerts instantly inform users that a home meeting their search criteria has come on the market via email or smartphone notification.
To read the full post with examples and photos of real recent flash sales click here: http://blog.redfin.com/?p=12714.
Redfin (www.redfin.com) is a technology-powered real estate broker that represents people buying and selling homes. Founded and run by technologists, Redfin has a team of experienced, full-service real estate agents who are advocates, not sales-people, earning customer-satisfaction bonuses, not commissions. Redfin’s online tools feature all the broker-listed homes for sale, as well as for-sale-by-owner properties that don’t pay brokers a commission. The company serves 21 U.S. markets and has closed more than $5 billion in home sales. In 2012, Redfin was named one of The DIGITAL 100: World’s Most Valuable Private Tech Companies by Business Insider. Follow us on our blog (blog.redfin.com), Twitter (@redfin), and Facebook (facebook.com/redfin).
- Redfin Names the Real Estate Neighborhoods to Watch in 2013
Seattle - January 21, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- Redfin (www.redfin.com), the technology-powered real estate broker, today announced a list of the hottest emerging neighborhoods and small cities for real estate in 16 cities across the country. The ranking was based on input from Redfin real estate agents and analysis of current data in the number of homes for sale, sales...
- Inventory Shortage and Rising Prices Intensify Buyer Frustration in Redfin Real-Time Homebuyer Survey
Seattle - March 1, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- Redfin (www.redfin.com), a technology-powered real estate broker, today released its latest survey of homebuyers. Data was collected from February 22 to February 25, capturing sentiment of 1,119 active homebuyers across 19 U.S. markets who had toured a home with a Redfin agent since November 29, 2012. The Redfin Real-Time Homebuyer Survey...
- Despite Inventory Shortage, Homebuyer Activity Increased in February with Home Offers Up 20%, Tours Up 6% in Redfin Real-Time Demand Pulse
Seattle Redfin - March 7, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- (www.redfin.com), the technology-powered real estate broker, today issued its Real-Time Demand Pulse, the only report in the industry that analyzes tour and offer data. The report showed:...
- More Homeowners Believe Now is a Good Time To Sell; Fear of Mission Out on Future Price Gains Surpasses the Economy as Top Concern in Redfin Home Seller Survey
SEATTLE - January 25, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- Redfin (www.redfin.com), a technology-powered real estate broker, today released its latest survey of home sellers, capturing sentiment of homeowners with the intent to sell...
- Technology-Powered Real Estate Brokerage Redfin Arrives in Houston
Houston - March 7, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- Redfin, the technology-powered brokerage (www.redfin.com), today announced its arrival in Houston, expanding its one-of-a-kind combination of technology and service to its third Texas market, just in time for the spring home-buying and selling season. Redfin launched in Dallas in 2010 and Austin in 2012 and serves a total of 21 major markets...
- ERC and NCLR Investigation Uncovers Housing Discrimination against Latinos in Three Major Metropolitan Areas
- FEMA to Repeal Certain Flood Insurance Rate Increases
- NCHV TA Center Training on HVRP SGA
- Bay Area Median Sale Price Highest Since 2007; Slowest March Sales in 6 Years
- IBHS Warns Homeowners to Avoid Complacency During Lull in Tornado Season
- Lawyers’ Committee Releases Comprehensive Report Regarding Foreclosure Rescue Fraud Sweeping the Nation and Efforts to Fight Back
- Annual Update 2013
- IBTS Is Recognized With A 2014 ENERGY STAR┬о Certified Homes Market Leader Award
- HUD AND CENSUS BUREAU ANNOUNCE NEW RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY IN MARCH
- Housing Starts Rise 2.8 Percent in March
- Builder Confidence Holds Steady in April