Redmond, OR – July 12, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — Housing Works, the leading affordable housing provider serving the tri-county Central Oregon region, has secured an additional fifteen (15) federally-funded vouchers to aid homeless veterans obtain quality housing.
â€śThese vouchers will improve lives in the most fundamental way â€“ providing safe, clean, permanent, affordable housing for homeless veterans,â€ť said Kenny LaPoint, Housing & Resident Services Director for Housing Works. â€śOften these vouchers assist entire families. Veterans have given us so much through their service and itâ€™s an honor to be able to return the favor. We want these servicemen and women and their dependents to recover the dignity of having a place to call home.â€ť
The VASH vouchers, which can be redeemed on a monthly basis for rent by those who qualify, are funded by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and administered by Housing Works. Housing Works has a long record of success in advocating for state and federal legislative action to address rural Oregonâ€™s housing needs. In 2011 and 2012, collaboration between Housing Works, Central Oregon Veterans Outreach and U.S. Congressman Walden resulted in the awarding of fifty VASH Vouchers for Central Oregon, for example. The successful implementation of the first round of VASH Vouchers resulted in an additional 10 Vouchers for Central Oregon in 2012. LaPoint estimates that these vouchers will help more than 200 individuals gain homes and get off the streets. He attributes the awarding of the additional vouchers to the effective collaboration that the regionâ€™s social service organizations have established over the years. Said LaPoint, â€śHousing Works, working with the Veterans Administration, Central Oregon Veterans Outreach, ICON City, and private donors, was also able to provide move-in assistance and household furnishings to help meet some basic needs for veterans entering the housing program.â€ť
Housing Works is the leading affordable housing provider in Central Oregon, serving Crook, Deschutes, and Jefferson counties. Since 1977, Housing Works has helped provide housing services to thousands of low-income families as they work to move above the poverty line. Housing Works fulfills its mission, â€śFostering Dignity through Housing,â€ť through a variety of housing programs and affiliated Families Forward, HomeQuest and Family Self-Sufficiency programs. Currently, Housing Works serves approximately 2000 households through affordable housing partnerships, grant funding and federal contracts.
- Bonamici Announces Housing Vouchers for Washington County Homeless Veterans
Beaverton, OR - May 7, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- Congresswoman Suzanne Bonamici (D-OR) today announced that the Housing Authority of Washington County is now eligible for 35 HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) vouchers in addition to the 25......
- Van Hollen, Leggett Announce Additional Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing Vouchers for Montgomery County
Rockville, MD - June 7, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- Today Maryland Congressman Chris Van Hollen and Montgomery County Executive Isiah Leggett announced that Montgomery County has been granted 15 additional Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) vouc......
- News Releases HOMELESS VETERANS: Senator Murray Announces Funding for Public Housing Authorities in Washington State to Provide Stable Housing to Local Homeless Veterans
Washington, D.C. - July 14, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- Today, U.S. Senator Patty Murray (D-WA), Chairman of the Senate Housing Appropriations Subcommittee and the Senate Veteransâ€™ Affairs Committee, announced that a total of 175 housing vouchers w......
- HUD, VA TO PROVIDE PERMANENT HOUSING, CASE MANAGEMENT TO NEARLY 700 HOMELESS VETERANS ACROSS THE U.S.
WASHINGTON, DC - June 13, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan and U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric K. Shinseki announced today that HUD will provide $5.4 million to public housing authorities in 18 states to supply permanent housing and case management for 676 homeless Veterans in America. This is the fourth and...
- HOMELESS VETERANS: Senator Murray Announces Veterans Funding to Help House Veterans Across Washington State
Washington, D.C. - May 29, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- Today, U.S. Senator Patty Murray, Chairman of the Senate Housing Appropriations Subcommittee and senior member of the Senate Veteransâ€™ Affairs Committee, announced that 260 housing vouchers will b......
- ERC and NCLR Investigation Uncovers Housing Discrimination against Latinos in Three Major Metropolitan Areas
- Lee & Associates Negotiates $21 Million Sale Exchange of Ontario and Fontana Industrial Facilities
- NATIONAL CONSTRUCTION ASSOCIATION PLANNING TO LAUNCH PRIVATE EXCHANGE TO HELP FIRMS DELIVER BETTER HEALTH BENEFITS TO THEIR EMPLOYEES
- Contribute to the 2014 NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Compensation Survey
- Job Growth, Federal Debt are Biggest Industry Concerns, Say Leaders
- President Releases FY15 Budget Request for HUD and Rural Housing Service
- NYU Furman Center Report: Unlocking NYCâ€™s Air Rights Could Spur Affordable Housing Development
- NREL Aims to Improve Building Energy Performance with New Web-Based Tool
- Care and Benefits for Veterans Strengthened by $164 Billion VA Budget
- RealtorsÂ® Applaud House Passage of Bipartisan Flood Insurance Affordability Bill
- HUD ANNOUNCES FUNDING TO PROVIDE PERMANENT HOUSING AND SERVICES TO LOW-INCOME PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES