WASHINGTON, DC – March 27, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — Raj Date, deputy director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, will deliver a keynote address as part of the American Bankers Association’s annual Regulatory Compliance Conference on June 10-13 at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel in Orlando, Fla.
Date has had a long and varied career in and around U.S. financial institutions – as a strategy consultant, a bank executive, and on Wall Street. Previously, he served as the special advisor to the Secretary of the Treasury for the CFPB from August 2011 to January 2012.
For 26 years, the ABA Regulatory Compliance Conference has been nationally recognized for its unmatched scope and scale covering key regulatory issues such as consumer protection, lending compliance, information security, e-compliance, compliance risk management, and anti-money laundering.
During the four-day event, attendees will hear directly from senior regulatory officials in a special regulator panel discussion. In addition, experts will lead more than 40 sessions including:
- Managing Regulatory Change;
- Hot Topics in Fair Lending;
- Nightmare Fraud Stories;
- Compliance Aspects of Foreclosure and Servicing;
- Overdraft Check-up; and
- What’s Not to Love About a Complaint?
Attendees looking to maximize their conference experience can also sign up for one of the separately priced pre-conference workshops:
- The new ABA Fair Lending Tune-Up Pre-Conference Workshop will cover current fair lending hot topics including: current interagency guidance and other regulatory updates; risk assessment and audit best practices; accountability concerns; tips for conducting a successful Fair Lending Exam; reviewing underwriting and terms and conditions processes, and more.
- The ABA Fraud Identification and Prevention Pre-Conference Workshop is designed to help fraud professionals improve their fraud identification, monitoring and controls.
Most sessions qualify for CRCM and CPE continuing education credits. Registration is $1,090 for ABA members and $1,685 for non-members. Team discounts are available. To register, call ABA’s Member Service Center at 1-800-BANKERS or visit the ABA Regulatory Compliance Conference website.
The American Bankers Association represents banks of all sizes and charters and is the voice for the nation’s $13 trillion banking industry and its two million employees. ABA’s extensive resources enhance the success of the nation’s banks and strengthen America’s economy and communities. Learn more at aba.com.
# # #
ABA Media Contact:
Follow us on Twitter: @ABABankingNews