WASHINGTON, D.C. – January 30, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — AGC’s BIM Education Program is designed to educate construction professionals at all experience levels in BIM concepts and processes. The full program consists of four courses, which are intended to give participants a broad understanding of the new processes required in BIM. It is our pleasure to release the 2nd edition of Unit 1: An Introduction to Building Information Modeling, with additions that have made the course more robust, as requested by participants, instructors and sponsors.
Unit 1: An Introduction to Building Information Modeling, 2nd Edition is a full-day course that provides an overview of BIM terminology and practices while introducing important concepts necessary to understand how BIM is changing the construction process. Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of BIM;
- Define common BIM terminology;
- Discuss how BIM can be used as a communication and collaboration tool;
- Explain the benefits of BIM;
- Explain the federated model process;
- Compare examples of successful BIM usage;
- Discuss issues associated with starting BIM; and
- Create a Company BIM Assessment.
Several AGC Chapters already have scheduled 2nd edition courses. Learn more and find courses at AGC Chapters across the country at www.agc.org/BIM.