When someone mentions log cabins I immediately think of thick logs of wood, fresh fallen snow, Christmas shaped pine trees and a fire roaring so big that you end up sweating. But you wrap up with your knitted throw and chunky socks, hands holding that steaming cup of cocoa and sit staring out the window into the nothingness.
Where to begin?
There are so many shapes and sizes when it comes to choosing or designing your dream home cabin, it’s important to choose something that will work for your family’s vision and dynamics. Look at log home floor and design plans with pictures to help you get started on the right path.
3 Factors to Consider when Deciding which Company to Work with:
- This is every home owners worst nightmare, companies that oversell and under deliver. Make sure they have reputable reviews when it comes to time management and meeting deadlines.
- You want to be involved and part of the process, after all this is your dream becoming a reality, so businesses that keep a constant flow of communication with you through the stages is a good sign.
- Environmentally Friendly. We know they have to cut down trees to make our house, but certain trees are grown and harvested specifically for this purpose, this helps lower the Carbon footprint and allow for optimal insulation.
- There are ways we can make small changes to help lessen our negative impact on the environment, but to get a better understanding of what a carbon footprint is, click here to find out some helpful tips and how we can make a better difference to the planet.
When you have decided to take on a project, it helps to have some visual idea or stimulation to get a feel for what you like and don’t like. There are basic models, intricate carvings to small secluded, tucked away in the snowy mountains side options. Personally, if someone treated me to a log cabin holiday to have a feel for the woods I wouldn’t complain.
Few Points to take into Consideration at the Beginning:
- What is the style you want to achieve at the end? Are you more of a clean-cut clean lines type personality, or a get your inner Picasso out kind of family?
- Materials. What wood are you looking to use? Cedar is known for how well it adjusts to its environment; certain types are actually very moisture resistant and repel insects – yes please sign me up for that – but it is a great material for use both indoors and outdoors.
- How big do you want the logs? More of a smaller size where it becomes the picturesque image in magazines, or a 20-log monster that’s finished in a week. A lot to think about to have that overall image you have in mind, come to life.
If you are like me and do a mad women’s amount or research and planning before just diving into something, then visiting a few Industry Trade shows https://www.tradefairdates.com/Timber-Industry-Forest-Trade-Shows-Canada-FSL167-L37-S1.html might help take away some of the anxiety and help you feel more settled in a final decision. Plus, men and big woods, what is there not to love.
Whether you are buying or building, in the City Centre or in no man’s land, a step on the property ladder is the best adult decision you can make. So, what is this train people are desperate to get on? Well, it’s basically your land and property that you own, the physical bricks and cement – making it ‘Real’ estate. It’s a real building.
You have this building, now what? You can decide to live in it or rent it out to a tenant. This depends on if you own more than one property, if it’s for an investment purpose or a DIY project to renovate and resell. There are options available.
Perks to Investing in Real Estate:
- The main reason usually is it provides a steady and stable income. Certainly, taking into regard the location, these payments could cover your monthly rental and leave some cash flow on the side.
- The next big thing is it allows to some extent a tax break. This is a big plus for investors.
- It provides security for the future. Property values increase with time, so in the next 20 years the price would have gone up significantly, which is why investors are in it for the journey.
Owning your own home is one of the best feelings. It can’t be described in words; it can’t be quantified in money. Home ownership is a feeling that makes life’s daily grind worth facing. It reassures you that after all the ups and downs, you have a place to… a place that never judges you and always invites you with open arms.