New Management Assignments Increase Size of Portfolio by 3,200 Units
Greenbelt, MD – June 1, 2011 – (RealEstateRama) — Bozzuto Management Company, a subsidiary of The Bozzuto Group of companies, today announced the addition of 11 additional properties to its portfolio. The assets, totaling 3,200 units, are a combination of new openings and property takeovers, and collectively increase the company’s portfolio to 33,000 units. Bozzuto Management is honored to now serve 55 clients in 115 properties across eight East Coast states from Richmond, Virginia to Boston, Massachusetts.
“Our company’s steady, organic growth is a result of our commitment to building strong relationships and to providing a consistently high level of customer service, both for clients and residents alike,” said Julie Smith, president, Bozzuto Management Company.
Among other honors, the company is most proud of the fact that it was recently named one of the “Best Places to Work” in Greater Washington by the Washington Business Journal. This is the third year in a row, and the fourth time, Bozzuto has received the distinction.
In addition, The Fitzgerald, a Baltimore property developed by Bozzuto Development, built by Bozzuto Construction, and now managed by Bozzuto Management, was just presented the prestigious “Award for Excellence” by the Urban Land Institute, an honor bestowed on just 10 U.S. projects each year. The Fitzgerald was also recently named the largest LEED-certified residential community in the Baltimore area and is home to the city’s first public electric-vehicle charging stations.
New management assignments awarded in the past 90 days to Bozzuto Management include:
· The Residences on the Avenue: A 335-unit high-rise community located on Washington Circle in Washington, D.C.
· Enclave at Emerson: A 164-unit mid-rise community located in Laurel, Maryland.
· Alta at Regency Crest: A 150-unit garden-style active senior community located in Ellicott City, Maryland.
· 2401 Pennsylvania Avenue: A 40-unit high-rise community located in Washington, D.C.
· Brookside: A 432-unit garden community located in Frederick, Maryland.
· Overlook Manor: A 290-unit garden community located in Frederick, Maryland.
· 1500 Locust: A 610-unit high-rise community located in downtown Philadelphia.
· Summer Chase Apartments: A 198-unit garden community located in Limerick, Pennsylvania.
· Alexan Carlyle: A 280-unit high-rise community in Alexandria, Virginia.
· The Monterey: A 432-unit high-rise community located in Rockville, Maryland.
· The Sagamore: A 265-unit high-rise community located in the Upper West Side neighborhood of Manhattan.
About Bozzuto Management Company
Voted Property Management Company of the Year by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) in 2000 and 2009, Bozzuto Management Company offers the finest in apartment living and management services. With more than 115 properties in exceptional locations throughout the East Coast, Bozzuto Management Company provides a resident experience that is truly beyond compare. The company is a subsidiary of The Bozzuto Group, a full-service real estate firm headquartered in Greenbelt, Maryland.
About The Bozzuto Group
Headquartered in the Washington, D.C. area, The Bozzuto Group is a diversified residential real estate company consisting of six integrated companies – Acquisitions, Construction, Development, Homebuilding, Land Development and Property Management – that together provide a broad range of real estate services throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. The company is committed to providing quality housing for individuals of all income levels, producing everything from luxury homes and apartments to affordable housing solutions.
Throughout The Bozzuto Group’s more than 23-year history, the company has developed, acquired and built more than 35,000 homes and apartments, and the firm and its principals have been honored with numerous industry awards and accolades, including having been recognized by the NAHB as the nation’s premier apartment development company, and twice as management company of the year. For more information, please visit http://www.bozzuto.com.