HERNDON, VA – June 9, 2011 – (RealEstateRama) — NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, is bringing its annual industrial real estate conference to the Renaissance Long Beach in Long Beach, Calif., on June 22-23.
I.con: The Industrial Real Estate Conference, held in partnership with NAIOP SoCal and NAIOP Inland Empire, will bring together industrial commercial real estate leaders from across North America to focus on the most current trends, data and business strategies impacting the industrial sector.
Some of the vital industrial issues that will be explored at I.con include:
- The Panama Canal expansion and its potential impact on U.S. ports
- How today’s economy and future logistics issues affect end users’ location decisions
- The various demand drivers affecting industrial real estate
- What’s happening in industrial leasing
- The outlook for industrial development, build-to-suit and spec opportunities
- The current landscape and the future forecast for industrial investment
- What kinds of industrial transactions are being brokered in the current market
“The changing shifts in the global economy present new challenges and opportunities for the industrial real estate market,” said Thomas J. Bisacquino, NAIOP president and chief executive officer. “I.con will offer the timeliest information on everything from emerging leasing trends to the industrial investment outlook presented by some of the industry’s foremost leaders.” The event will also spotlight two of the country’s busiest logistics hubs during I.con’s conference tours. Attendees will have a choice of seeing the twin Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach or Union Pacific’s Intermodal Container Transfer Facility (ICTF) by boat during the tours.
Media are invited to attend I.con at no charge, but must be pre-registered. To register, contact ">Kathryn Hamilton at (703) 904-7100. For additional conference information, visit www.naiop.org/icon11.
NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, is the leading organization for developers, owners and related professionals in office, industrial, retail and mixed-use real estate. NAIOP comprises 15,500 members in North America. NAIOP advances responsible commercial real estate development and advocates for effective public policy. For more information, visit www.naiop.org.
I.con: The Industrial Conference Returns to Long Beach, June 6, 2011