WASHINGTON, D.C. – May 16, 2014 – (RealEstateRama) — WHAT: The Alliance to Save Energy will officially launch its Energy 2030 On the Road campaign during the organization’s 7th annual Energy Efficiency Global Forum (EE Global), May 21, 2014 in Washington, D.C.
At 8:30am on Wednesday, May 21, the Energy 2030 On the Road campaign will officially launch kicking off the EE Global Morning Plenary Session. The campaign has already made stops in several major cities including Seattle, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Ann Arbor, and is working to build a network of engaged local stakeholders in a national, shared commitment to double U.S. energy productivity by the year 2030. Additional campaign stops will be announced and a web portal will be unveiled as a platform for interested organizations to share and find resources, and to officially endorse the Energy 2030 goal of doubling energy productivity by 2030. Energy 2030 Leadership Circle members, government and industry stakeholders, and partner organizations of the campaign will be in attendance.
Secretary of Energy, Dr. Ernest Moniz, will provide keynote remarks immediately following the Energy 2030 On the Road campaign launch. Gov. Bill Ritter, Jorge Carrasco, GM and CEO of Seattle City Light, and additional energy efficiency experts will participate on a panel discussion on how public leadership can drive energy productivity successes at the state and local level, and affect action at the national level.
WHO: Confirmed thought leaders at the official launch and the Morning Plenary Session include:
· Dr. Ernest Moniz, Secretary of Energy, U.S. Department of Energy
· Gov. Bill Ritter, Director, Center for New Energy Economy
· Andy Bennett, Sr. Vice President of Infrastructure & Energy, Schneider Electric
· Kateri Callahan, President, Alliance to Save Energy
· Jorge Carrasco, General Manager and CEO, Seattle City Light
· John Mandyck, Chief Sustainability Officer, United Technologies Corporation
· Collin O’Mara, Secretary of the Environment and Energy, Delaware Governor Jack Markell’s Office
· Terry Tamminen, Strategic Advisor to the Founding Chair, Regions 20
· And additional Energy 2030 Leadership Circle Members and Sponsor Organizations…
WHEN: The official launch of the Energy 2030 On the Road campaign will occur on May 21 at 8:30 am.
WHERE: Walter E. Washington Convention Center, 801 Mount Vernon Place, NW Washington, D.C. 20001