RE/MAX Celebrates Anniversary and 2011 Successes
Denver, CO – February 1, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — In the midst of a slowly recovering housing market, RE/MAX LLC is marking its 39th year recognizing numerous recent successes. In spite of a struggling economy, RE/MAX continues to be the industry leader in key categories, and is also leading the way in international growth, adding 8 countries in 2011. The company that Dave and Gail Liniger founded in 1973 has become a global success story.
“Times may change, but the RE/MAX business model does not, because it’s proven to be successful in all kinds of markets and in different cultures and countries,” said Dave Liniger, Chairman and CoFounder “At a time when consumers seek the advice of a trusted advisor, they’re turning to a RE/MAX professional more than anyone else.”
Perhaps, the most celebrated accomplishment in 2011 was the vote of confidence received from consumers in two respected awards. Results from the J.D. Power and Associates 2011 Home Buyer/Seller StudySM recognized RE/MAX for providing the “highest overall satisfaction for home sellers and home buyers among national full service real estate firms.”
Liniger, who by popular online vote was named the year’s Most Influential Real Estate Leader by Inman News also said, “RE/MAX will continue to be the people’s choice because our agents are the best trained, most experienced and most productive in the industry.”
In addition to outstanding agent performance, RE/MAX franchise sales indicated significant growth in many geographic regions. Overall sales in the United States were 9.3% higher than last year. Leading the U.S. growth was Florida, up 20 new franchises, and Kentucky-Tennessee up 11 over their 2010 sales levels. Internationally, South America grew at rate 44% above 2010, Caribbean/Central America was up 33%, and South Africa was 31% higher.
Ten prominent 2011 RE/MAX achievements include:
1. Dave Liniger and Margaret Kelly were both named by Inman News as one of the 100 Most Influential Real Estate Leaders.
2. Highest ranking real estate firm in Franchise Times Top 200
3. 24 of the 25 top brokerages ranked by agent productivity in the REAL Trends 500 national survey.
4. In the RIS Media Power Broker Survey, RE/MAX agents ranked highest among national franchises with 14.7 transaction sides, an impressive 49.7% better than its closest competitor.
5. Launched global.remax.com, a real estate website with true global reach in over 30 languages and 60 foreign countries
6. Surpassed 10 million referral-free sales leads from the LeadStreet online system since 2006
7. Remax.com drew 49.5 million total visitors in 2011, the highest of any real estate brand website
8. Released an iPad application for brokers and agents
9. RE/MAX University ranked among the nation’s best corporate trainers in two respected annual reports
10. Named one of the country’s Top 20 Military Spouse-Friendly Employers
This week, RE/MAX offices across the United States and around the world will celebrate Founders Day with numerous special events. And in a few weeks, RE/MAX affiliates from these worldwide offices will gather at The Mandalay Bay Casino and Resort in Las Vegas, NV, March 5 – 8 to mark their many successes, and strategize innovative plans for the future. At the annual RE/MAX R4 convention, the industry’s most experienced professionals will share insights designed to help the country put the housing crisis firmly in the past.
# # #
About the RE/MAX Network:
RE/MAX was founded in 1973 by Dave and Gail Liniger, real estate industry visionaries who still lead the Denver-based global franchisor today. RE/MAX is recognized as one of the leading real estate franchise companies with the most productive sales force in the industry and a global reach of more than 80 countries.
With a passion for the communities in which its agents live and work, RE/MAX is proud to have raised more than $100 million for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and other charities.