WASHINGTON, D.C. – October 19, 2015 – (RealEstateRama) — The General Services Administration (GSA) today issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the follow-on to Networx, a $50 billion 15-year telecommunications infrastructure contract, Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS).
EIS is a comprehensive solutions-based contract addressing all aspects of federal information technology, telecommunications, and infrastructure requirements bundled for ease of use, ease of ordering, and savings for government agencies.
The RFP is available on the Federal Business Opportunities Web site. Proposals are due January 15, 2016, and GSA expects to award the EIS contract in late 2016.
“The EIS acquisition demonstrates GSA’s commitment to provide federal agencies with the business solutions they need to fulfill their important missions,” said GSA Assistant Commissioner of the Integrated Technology Services, Mary Davie. “This is the culmination of an extensive and successful collaborative process between GSA, federal agencies, and industry which lasted more than two years and provided GSA with valuable feedback that helped us build and refine the RFP. We believe the EIS RFP achieves the appropriate balance between industry’s goals and capabilities, GSA’s objectives, and federal agency’s current and future needs.”
- Federal agencies spend about $2 billion annually on network services through GSA’s Networx and Regional contracts
- Total sales on Networx in FY14: $1.53B
- Networx saved agencies $670M in FY14
- EIS will replace the existing Networx and Regional contracts.
- EIS should be available for federal agencies to use in early 2017
- To provide the time for an orderly transition to EIS, current Networx and Regional contracts will be extended from 2017 to 2020
- GSA has already started conversations with agencies and industry to initiate transition planning and activities