Alexandria, Va. –- (RealEstateRama) — Eight bankruptcy judges and more than 300 attendees will gather to discuss the latest bankruptcy topics at ABI’s 22nd Annual Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop on July 27-30 at The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa at Hilton Head Island, S.C. The workshop brings together the region’s top insolvency professionals for four days of intense learning and networking. A faculty of outstanding judges, academics and practitioners will present workshops on the hottest topics of the day, including separate tracks for business, consumer and new practitioners. Attendees will also have the opportunity to earn 12/14 hours of CLE/CPE credit, including 1.5 hours of ethics.
Program co-chairs for the Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop are Standing Chapter 13 Trustee Nancy J. Whaley (N.D. Ga.; Atlanta) and W. Austin Jowers of King & Spalding (Atlanta). The judicial chair for the workshop is Bankruptcy Judge John E. Waites (D. S.C.; Columbia).
General sessions at the Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop include:
- Case Law Update: Business and Consumer Law Developments
- ABI Talks: Ethics and Bankruptcy Ideas Worth Spreading
- Hotcakes & Hot Topics: Breakfast with the Judges
- “Shark Tank”!
Business track sessions include:
- What’s Next in Health Care? Challenges for Providers and Opportunities for Restructuring Professionals in an Ever-Changing Landscape
- GM/Successor Liability Sale Issues: What Now?
- The Retail Business Is Booming (in Bankruptcy)
- Unitranche Credit Facilities, Agreements Among Lenders, and Related Bankruptcy Considerations
- Will Your Shipment Come In? How Bankruptcy Affects Transportation Issues on Water and Land
Consumer track sessions include:
- CFPB’s Amended Mortgage Servicing Regulations and Their Effects on Bankruptcy
- Can Debtors Have Their Cake and Eat It Too Under § 521?
- National Form Plan and New Rules
- Back-to-Back Bankruptcies
New and young lawyer track sessions include:
- Don’t Just Go Through the Motions: Effective Motions Practice in Bankruptcy Court and Trial Advocacy Tips
- Business Development: How to Win Friends and Influence People
For more information about the program, please visit http://www.abi.org/events/22nd-annual-southeast-bankruptcy-workshop. Members of the press that would like to attend ABI’s 21st Annual Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop should contact ABI Public Affairs Manager John Hartgen at 703-894-5935 or .
ABI is the largest multi-disciplinary, nonpartisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related to insolvency. ABI was founded in 1982 to provide Congress and the public with unbiased analysis of bankruptcy issues. The ABI membership includes more than 12,000 attorneys, accountants, bankers, judges, professors, lenders, turnaround specialists and other bankruptcy professionals, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. For additional information on ABI, visit www.abiworld.org. For additional conference information, visit http://www.abi.org/calendar-of-events.