WASHINGTON, D.C. – October 19, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — Hundreds of Nevadans came out today to attend a Rally for Homeownership to voice their unwavering support for homeownership and its importance to families, communities and a growing economy.
Speakers at the rally included:
• U.S. Sen. Dean Heller (R-Nev.)
• Clark County Commission Chairwoman Susan Brager
• U.S. Rep. Joe Heck (R-Nev.)
• Katherine Archuleta, national political director, Obama for America
• U.S. Rep. Randy Neugebauer (R-Texas), Romney for President
• Former U.S. Rep. Dina Titus
• Dave Tina, president-elect, Greater Las Vegas Association of Realtors
• Nat Hodgson, executive officer, Southern Nevada Home Builders Association
• Bob Nielsen, immediate past chairman of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and a home builder from Reno, Nev.
Local radio host Chet Buchanan served as master of ceremonies for the nonpartisan event.
“I remember when I bought my first home,” said Sen. Heller. “I was 25 years old, and to this day that is the most important financial decision I’ve ever made. For most Nevadans and most Americans, buying a home will be the most important financial decision they make. I want to make sure that your grandkids and my grandkids have the opportunity to make that same decision, the opportunity to own their own home.”
The rally was held at the Clark County Government Center Amphitheater in Las Vegas and was sponsored by the Southern Nevada Home Builders Association and NAHB.
“We’ve got to make sure that credit is available to people who want to buy a home,” said former Rep. Titus. “And we’ve got to make sure that credit is available to builders who want to build a home.”
Rally participants represented a broad range of interests including home owners, small business owners, church groups, home builders and real estate agents, consumers, business leaders, politicians, merchants and manufacturers, bankers, students and many others.
“The citizens in Las Vegas and across the nation can send an important message to politicians when they cast their ballots on Nov. 6,” said NAHB Immediate Past Chairman Nielsen. “Homeownership puts families in homes and Americans in jobs. Our nation’s elected leaders must support pro-housing policies that will boost employment, generate revenues for all levels of government and build a strong and prosperous nation.”
For more information, visit www.protecthomeownership.com/rally.