WASHINGTON, D.C. – July 8, 2016 – (RealEstateRama) — The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) today announced that nominations were open for it’s first-ever Diversity and Inclusion Residential Leadership Awards. MBA will begin accepting nominations for the Residential Leadership awards today and the awards will be presented at MBA’s Annual Convention & Expo, October 23-26 in Boston, MA.
“We are proud to announce our first-ever Diversity and Inclusion Residential Leadership Awards,” said Rodrigo Lopez, CMB, Chairman-Elect of MBA and Chairman of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee, which spearheaded this effort. “From enacting sound public policy to promoting positive workplace practices, MBA strives to set the right tone for the industry. As the leading voice for real estate finance, we want to take this opportunity to celebrate our member companies for their work and dedication in supporting a key industry initiative – diversity and inclusion, as it pertains to hiring, lending and outreach.”
The awards will be presented to MBA member companies, and are designed to:
- Recognize MBA member companies that have developed innovative ways to foster diversity and inclusion in the industry
- Highlight leaders in the area of diversity and inclusion in the industry
- Inspire business strategies that reach out to diverse populations
- Raise awareness about the importance of being a diverse and inclusive industry
- Share industry best practices and successes to inspire new strategies that reach out to diverse populations.
Commercial and Multifamily members will have a separate award process, with nominations opening at a later date to be announced and awards presented at the CREF/Multifamily Housing Convention & Expo next February in San Diego, CA.
To learn more or to submit an entry on behalf of an MBA member company or to nominate another MBA member company, please click here.
(202) 557- 2727