WASHINGTON, D.C. – March 19, 2015 – (RealEstateRama) — The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) today released its annual ranking of commercial/multifamily mortgage firms by origination volume. The MBA study is the only one of its kind to present a comprehensive set of listings of 127 different commercial/multifamily mortgage originators, their 2014 volumes and the different roles they play.
- Total Origination Volumes- Wells Fargo, J.P. Morgan Chase & Company and Eastdil Secured;
- Commercial Mortgage-backed Securities (CMBS)- Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., Eastdil Secured and J.P. Morgan Chase & Company;
- Commercial Bank Portfolios- J.P. Morgan Chase & Company, PNC Real Estate, and Meridian Capital Group, LLC;
- Life Insurance Company Portfolios- MetLife Real Estate Investors, HFF, L.P., and Prudential Mortgage Capital Company;
- Fannie Mae- Walker & Dunlop, Wells Fargo, and Berkadia;
- Freddie Mac- CBRE Capital Markets, Inc., Berkadia, and Walker & Dunlop;
- FHA/Ginnie Mae: Red Mortgage Capital, LLC, Greystone, and Berkadia;
- Pension Funds- TIAA-CREF, Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers, and CBRE Capital Markets, Inc.;
- Credit Companies- CBRE Capital Markets, HFF, L.P., and Marcus & Millichap Capital Corporation;
- REITS, Mortgage REITS, and Investment Funds- KeyBank, Eastdil Secured, and NorthStar Realty Finance;
- Specialty Finance Firms- JLL, Mesa West Capital, LLC, and Meridian Capital
- “Other Investors”- Wells Fargo, HFF, L.P., and Morgan Stanley.
The report, Commercial Real Estate/Multifamily Finance Firms – Annual Origination Volumes, presents origination volumes in more than 140 categories, including by role, by investor group, by property type, by financing structure type, and by the location of the originating office.
The top ten commercial/multifamily mortgage originators in 2014 were: Wells Fargo; J.P. Morgan Chase & Company; Eastdil Secured; HFF, L.P.; Meridian Capital Group, LLC; KeyBank; CBRE Capital Markets, Inc.; Deutsche Bank Securities Inc.; PNC Real Estate; and Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
The report lists total originations across eleven different investor groups. Ten different companies were the top originator for at least one of the different groups. The top three originators overall and by each investor group are listed below:
By dollar volume, the top five originators for third parties in 2014 were Eastdil Secured; HFF, L.P.; Meridian Capital Group, LLC; CBRE Capital Markets; and Deutsche Bank Securities Inc.
The top five lenders in 2014 were Wells Fargo, J.P. Morgan Chase & Company, KeyBank, Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., and Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
The report is available for purchase through MBA’s Online Store here. Prior versions of the report are availablehere. Members of the press may request tables from the report by contacting Ali Ahmad at (202) 557-2727 or">.
The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) is the national association representing the real estate finance industry, an industry that employs more than 280,000 people in virtually every community in the country. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the association works to ensure the continued strength of the nation’s residential and commercial real estate markets; to expand homeownership and extend access to affordable housing to all Americans. MBA promotes fair and ethical lending practices and fosters professional excellence among real estate finance employees through a wide range of educational programs and a variety of publications. Its membership of over 2,200 companies includes all elements of real estate finance: mortgage companies, mortgage brokers, commercial banks, thrifts, REITs, Wall Street conduits, life insurance companies and others in the mortgage lending field. For additional information, visit MBA’s Web site: www.mba.org.
(202) 557- 272