WASHINGTON, D.C. – May 2, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — Eleven builders, remodelers and other home building industry professionals were honored yesterday as winners of the National Green Building Awards by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). The awards were presented during the 14th annual National Green Building Conference held in Nashville, Tenn.
“These awards recognize the best and most innovative builders and remodelers in green building”, said NAHB Chairman Barry Rutenberg, a home builder from Gainesville, Fla. “The demand for green building is growing in leaps and bounds, and these winners set a great example of what can be accomplished in terms of sustainable and energy efficient building practices.”
The awards were presented during the Muddy Boots Mixer, a special networking and awards event, and one of the highlights of the three-day conference, which featured educational programs, an exhibition of green products and a tour of local green homes.
Individual Project Awards
Five single-family home projects were honored:
- MGM Construction of San Francisco, for Project of the Year, Single-Family Custom Builder
- Meritage Homes of Goodyear, Ariz., for Project of the Year, Single-Family Production Builder
- Chandler Design-Build Inc. of Mebane, N.C., for Project of the Year, Single-Family Small Volume Builder
- TC Legend Homes/Zero-Energy Plans LLC of Coupeville, Wash., for Project of the Year, Single-Family Concept and Research- Enterprise
- Purdue University of West Lafayette, Ind., for Project of the Year, Single-Family Concept and Research- Academic
Two remodeling projects and one multifamily project were also honored:
- Trifecta Construction Solutions of Fort Meyers, Fla., for Multifamily Project of the Year
- G HOME by Rocking Horse Redevelopment of Phoenix, Ariz., for Remodeling Project of the Year Over $100,000
- G HOME of Rocking Horse Redevelopment of Phoenix, Ariz., for Remodeling Project of the Year Under $100,000
Green Building Advocacy Awards
Two awards were given to individuals or organizations for their efforts in green building advocacy:
- The Mungo Companies of Irmo, S.C. for Builder Advocate of the Year
- G STREET of Scottsdale, Ariz., as Remodeler Advocate of the Year
NAHB also named T.W. Bailey, of WaterMark Custom Builders in Frisco, Texas the recipient of a special new award, the “NAHB Green Outstanding Contribution Award,” for his dedication and work to further green building education.