WASHINGTON – (RealEstateRama) — The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) today announced the winners of its Best in Green Awards at a ceremony during the International Builders’ Show.
For the fourth year, the winners for green and sustainable building awards emerge from those considered for many of NAHB’s other honors, including the Best in American Living, The Nationals, Best of 55+ Housing, Pillars of the Industry and Jerry Rouleau Awards for Excellence. Winners of any green or sustainable award in these programs were automatically entered for consideration for a Best in Green Award.
“This year’s competition for Best in Green Awards drew an impressive array of entries,” said NAHB Chairman Granger MacDonald, a home builder and developer from Kerrville, Texas. “The winners demonstrate outstanding use of innovative practices to create and market projects that enhance quality of life as well as protect the environment and promote sustainability.”
This year’s winners include:
- Best in Green 55+ Community: Grenache, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, submitted by ActiveWest Builders
- Best in Green Systems-Built Project: Canyon Lodges in Yellowstone National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Wyo., submitted by Guerdon Modular Buildings
- Best in Green Community: Clark Commons, Buena Park, Calif., submitted by Danielian Associates
- Best in Green Multifamily Project– Affordable: Tapestry on the Hudson, Troy, N.Y., submitted by The Community Builders
- Best in Green Multifamily Project– Market Rate: Denizen, Denver, submitted by Kephart
- Best in Green Sales and Marketing Strategy: Westwood Gardens, Richmond Hill, Canada, submitted by Collecdev
- Best in Green Single-Family Custom Home: The Florencia, Tampa, Fla., submitted by Alvarez New Concepts
- Best in Green Interiors Project: ABC House 3.0, Fullerton, Calif., submitted by Danielian Associates
- Best in Green Young Professional of the Year: Ryan Miller, North Carolina Building Performance Association, Raleigh, N.C.
Additional information about the Best in Green awards can be found at nahb.org/bigawards.