WASHINGTON, D.C. – January 17, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) will honor 11 housing professionals for their outstanding service in elevating the image of NAHB designations. The 2012 Designee of the Year award winners will be recognized at the 2013 International Builders’ Show (IBS) in Las Vegas.
“NAHB strives to improve professionalism and elevate the building and remodeling industries through education. One of the best ways to achieve this is earning a NAHB professional designation,” said Gaye Orr, CMP, MIRM, chair of the NAHB Education Committee and a sales and marketing professional from Raleigh, N.C. “By presenting the Designee of the Year awards, NAHB is honoring individuals who fully embrace these ideals and stand out as leading professionals in their fields. In addition to incorporating innovative practices and techniques which ultimately benefit customers, they shine a positive light on our industry and inspire others to reach the next stage of their careers.”
The 2012 Designee of the Year award winners are:
• Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) of the Year: Sherry L. Schwab, CAPS, CGR, president of HCS Construction Services, Bellevue, Wash.
• Certified Graduate Associate (CGA) of the Year: Michael LeCorgne, CAPS, CGA, CGP, CSP, risk management specialist with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, Mandeville, La.
• Certified Graduate Builder (CGB) of the Year: Ted Clifton, CGB, CGP, Master CGP, owner of Clifton View Homes and principal of Zero-Energy Plans, LLC, Coupeville, Wash.
• Certified Green Professional (CGP) of the Year: Michael Fairall, CGB, CGP, Master CGP, founder of Mokulua High Performance Builder, Kailua, Hawaii
• Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR) of the Year: Jud Motsenbocker, CAPS, CGR, founder of Jud Construction, Muncie, Ind.
• Graduate Master Builder (GMB) of the Year: Joseph Irons, CAPS, CGP, CGR, GMB, owner and operator of Irons Brothers Construction, Inc., Shoreline, Wash.
• Graduate Master Remodeler (GMR) of the Year: Robert Criner, CAPS, CGB, CGP, CGR, GMB, GMR, president of Criner Remodeling, Newport News, Va.
• Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) of the Year: Melody Poetzsch, HCCP, vice president and asset manager for SunAmerica Affordable Housing Partners, Inc. (an AIG Global Real Estate company), Charlotte, N.C.
• Master Certified Green Professional (Master CGP) of the Year: Todd Usher, CAPS, CGB, CGP, CGR, GMB, Master CGP, president of Addison Homes, Greenville, S.C.
• Master Certified New Home Sales Professional (Master CSP) of the Year: Kathie McDaniel, CGP, CMP, CSP, Master CSP, MIRM, vice president of sales and marketing for Highland Homes, Lakeland, Fla.
• Master in Residential Marketing (MIRM) of the Year: Tom Vetter, CMP, CSP, Master CSP, MIRM, executive vice president of KW Builder Marketing Services (a division of Kennedy Wilson, Inc.), Danville, Calif.
Honorees were selected by their designation’s respective board of governors based on the successful promotion of their professional designations to consumers, NAHB members and others in the building industry through innovative techniques, by elevating the image of the designation in their local communities through charitable work or community projects and by mentoring others to start or complete an NAHB professional designation.
The winners will be recognized Jan. 21 at NAHB’s Designation Achievement Reception just before IBS opens. IBS is the largest annual light construction exposition in the world and is expected to play host to 50,000 home builders, remodelers, developers, architects and suppliers to the home building industry Jan. 22-24 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas. For additional information and to register, visit http://www.buildersshow.com/.