WASHINGTON, D.C. – (RealEstateRama) — NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, has announced a new scholarship program to support graduate and undergraduate students pursuing a degree that will lead to a career in the commercial real estate industry. Preference will be given to students who have been traditionally under-represented in the commercial real estate field.
Applications for the scholarship are accepted online only. The deadline to apply is Tuesday, May 31.
Applicants must be a NAIOP University member in good standing; be a full-time undergraduate student of junior or senior standing or enrolled in an applicable graduate program during the 2016-17 academic calendar year; and have a minimum 3.0 GPA (4.0 scale).
Preference will be given to students who have been traditionally under-represented in the commercial real estate field. Five $5,000 scholarships will be awarded. Applicants will be judged by leading industry professionals.
Recipients of the NAIOP Diversity CRE Scholarship will be selected based on the following:
- Academic achievement.
- Involvement in NAIOP either at university level or at the chapter level.
- Commitment to a career in commercial real estate.
- Recommendation letter from CRE instructor or professor.
- Financial need.
- Each award recipient will receive one (1) complimentary registration to NAIOP Commercial Real Estate conference (September 26-28, 2016).
- Personal press release announcing the scholarship recipient to university.
- Article featuring the scholarship recipients and their school in Development magazine (print and online).
- Scholarship recipient’s profile on NAIOP website.