Inaugural Ranking Showcases Top Performers
DENVER – August 5, 2014 – (RealEstateRama) — RE/MAX agents dominated the inaugural REAL Trends’ “Canada’s Best Real Estate Agents,” making up 82% of the top-performing agents included in the ranking.
In all, 235 participating agents and teams were ranked among 316 placings for 2013 residential sales by either transaction ends or sales volume. That included 193- or 82%- agents and teams from RE/MAX. No other brand qualified more than seven. Sixty-seven RE/MAX agents placed for both transaction ends and sales volume, compared to 14 competitors.
“RE/MAX agents simply outsell and outperform their competitors in Canada. It’s been that way for nearly 30 years,” said Margaret Kelly, RE/MAX CEO. “Buyers and sellers know they can trust our professionals when they’re looking for help with their most precious real estate investment. We’re proud of our agents’ hard work and commitment.”
RE/MAX agents dominated all four categories of the survey:
· Top Individuals by Transaction Ends: RE/MAX agents claimed 54 of the 64 spots, including 9 of the top 10.
· Top Individuals by Sales Volume: RE/MAX agents earned 70 of 82, including 41 of top 50.
· Top Teams by Transaction Ends: RE/MAX agents earned 59 of 67, including 42 of top 50.
· Top Teams by Sales Volume: RE/MAX agents earned 77 of 103, including 18 of top 25.
Among the 131 individuals and teams ranked by most transaction ends, 113 (86%) were RE/MAX agents.
RE/MAX leaders by category included:
· Sam Corea of RE/MAX House of Real Estate in Calgary, AB – No. 1 individual in sales volume with $948.7 million.
· The Joyce Tourney Team of RE/MAX Crown Real Estate – North in Regina, SK – No. 1 team in ends closed with 637.
· The Dan Gemus Real Estate Team of RE/MAX Preferred Realty in Amhertstburg, ON – No. 1 team in sales volume with $476.4 million.
· Frank Leo of REMAX West Realty in Toronto, ON – No. 2 among individuals in ends closed with 240.
Earlier this year, 158 RE/MAX brokerages qualified for the 2014 REAL Trends Canadian 250, an annual ranking of the country’s largest participating
brokerages as measured by transaction ends. RE/MAX agents also led all other franchises in average transaction ends per agent. RE/MAX has outperformed its competition every year since the survey’s inception in 2010.
RE/MAX first began franchise operations in Canada in 1977 and now has more than 18,500 agents working in 700 offices throughout the country.
About the RE/MAX Network:
RE/MAX was founded in 1973 by Dave and Gail Liniger, with an innovative, entrepreneurial culture affording its agents and franchisees the flexibility to operate their businesses with great independence. Over 94,000 agents provide RE/MAX a global reach of more than 95 countries. Nobody sells more real estate than RE/MAX.
RE/MAX, LLC, one of the world’s leading franchisors of real estate brokerage services, is a subsidiary of RE/MAX Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:RMAX).
With a passion for the communities in which its agents live and work, RE/MAX is proud to have raised more than $140 million for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals® and other deserving charities.
For more information about RE/MAX, to search home listings or find an agent in your community, please visit www.remax.com.
Public Relations Manager