DENVER, CO – February 1, 2011 – (RealEstateRama) — One of the largest real estate franchises in the world is celebrating its 38th anniversary and a year of significant success despite a challenging housing market. This month, RE/MAX and its Co-Founders, Dave and Gail Liniger, celebrate a year of remarkable achievements and Founder’s Day, the day RE/MAX was created.
In 2010, RE/MAX worldwide franchise sales were up nearly 30% from the previous year and RE/MAX agents were ranked the most productive in the industry by two notable industry surveys.
“It’s been an exhilarating ride, through the ups and downs of every type of market imaginable,” said RE/MAX Chairman Dave Liniger who pioneered the maximum commission concept when he opened his first RE/MAX office in 1973, forever changing the face of real estate. “We’ve accomplished a lot of things in 38 years but by far our greatest success is having an impassioned network of the most professional agents in the business helping buyers and sellers around the world. They’re making a difference every day and I couldn’t be more proud of their accomplishments.”
RE/MAX is now in more than 80 countries around the world, a presence greater than any of its competitors, and building on four decades of tradition, the global network continues to set the pace for the real estate industry. Most notably, Liniger and RE/MAX CEO Margaret Kelly have been instrumental in shaping the housing recovery and government policies. Kelly serves on the Federal Reserve Board and Liniger was named one of BusinessWeek Magazine’s 50 Most Powerful People in Real Estate 2010. And both RE/MAX executives were named to Inman News’ 2010 Top 100 Most Influential Real Estate Leaders list.
RE/MAX has logged a number of milestones in 2010:
- Worldwide franchise sales were up nearly 30% in 2010 as RE/MAX expanded internationally into eight new countries including Bolivia, Tunisia, Dominica and Suriname.
- Two national surveys ranked top-performing RE/MAX agents above all other national franchise agents in average transaction sides. In the 2010 REAL Trends 500 survey, RE/MAX agents averaged an impressive 14.4 transaction sides, 46% higher than the next closest competitor. The 2010 RISMedia Power Broker Report put RE/MAX agents at an average of 15.1 transaction sides, 26% higher than the next closest competitor.
- Reader’s Digest Canada named RE/MAX the Most Trusted Brand in Real Estate.
- RE/MAX University (RU), the propriety network for RE/MAX agent training and education, launched a new On-Demand Platform, making its award-winning training available 24/7 online or through the digital media player, Roku. RE/MAX also launched the RE/MAX University Mobile Application to give agents access to training on the go.
- RE/MAX continues to lead the industry in the number of agents trained in short sales with the most Certified Distress Property Experts (CDPEs).
- RE/MAX became one of three companies to pass $100M in donations to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and RE/MAX formally launched Home for the Cure in partnership with Susan G. Komen for the Cure.®
- Continuing its pledge to help U.S. servicemen and women, RE/MAX was named Top Ten Military Spouse-Friendly Employer by Military Spouse Magazine for the fourth year in row and the Top Military-Friendly Employer by G.I. Jobs magazine for the second consecutive year.
- RE/MAX launched the RE/MAX YouTube Brand Channel that features hundreds of RE/MAX videos and a geo-targeting map for consumers searching for videos of listed properties, local RE/MAX agents and offices and community videos.
RE/MAX offices around the world marked Founder’s Day with a number of events and celebrations. And, they plan to gather at the Mandalay Bay Casino and Resort in Las Vegas, NV, March 7-10 to celebrate these accomplishments and to attend educational seminars and trainings at the annual convention, RE/MAX R4.
# # #
About the RE/MAX Network:
RE/MAX was founded in 1973 by Dave and Gail Liniger, real estate industry visionaries who still lead the Denver-based global franchisor today. RE/MAX is recognized as one of the leading real estate franchise companies with the most productive sales force in the industry and a global reach of more than 80 countries. With a passion for the communities in which its agents live and work, RE/MAX is proud to have raised more than $100 million for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and other charities. Nobody in the world sells more real estate than RE/MAX. Please visit www.remax.com or www.joinremax.com.
Cory Jo Vasquez
Sr. Public Relations Manager