CHICAGO – April 20, 2016 – (RealEstateRama) — The National Association of Realtors®’ strategic investment fund, Second Century Ventures, today announced the seven companies chosen to be part of the fourth class of NAR REach®, a vertical tech accelerator helping launch companies into the real estate, financial services, banking, home services and insurance industries. The program is focused on providing these early- to mid-stage companies access to the expertise, influence and key relationships NAR provides, as they are launched into the trillion dollar real estate space.
“This year’s class represents an incredibly diverse mix of organizations that are providing both real estate professionals and their clients with tools and resources to simplify and elevate their personal and professional lives in a real, tangible way,” said Dale Stinton, NAR CEO and SCV president. “We’re looking forward to providing these seven companies with unparalleled insight that comes from being ingrained in an industry for more than 100 years.”
The companies in this year’s class have raised over $30 million in funding to date and have a total valuation of more than $150 million. While the specific stage of each company varies, those chosen proved to have solid business models, executable business plans and significant potential to impact the real estate space and beyond.
This year’s class includes:
- Flipt(link is external) enables brokers and agents to win more listings by connecting with millions of home sellers at the earliest stages of their selling decision.
- Homeselfe(link is external) by Energy Datametrics helps brokers and agents engage more prospects and close more deals by helping their clients lower utility bills by 30 percent, get rebates for upgrades and increase home value.
- HomeDiary(link is external) by FloorPlanOnline allows homeowners and buyers to dream and visualize updates to their homes using an interactive 3-D rendering while also recording items, inventory and improvements.
- Sindeo(link is external) has rebuilt the home financing experience from the ground up, making it simpler and more transparent, helping real estate pros qualify more clients and close more deals.
- Trust Stamp(link is external) uses over 200 public records and social data to provide reliable ID verification in under one minute for real estate agents meeting new prospects or clients.
- VA Loan Captain(link is external) provides real estate agents with a comprehensive set of personalized tools allowing them to attract military and veteran home buying customers.
- Zenergyst(link is external) makes real estate transactions easy with a fully integrated broker management and transaction system.
“We are looking forward to kicking off this year’s class and working with the companies announced today to help build on their ideas and meaningfully grow their customers and users,” said Mark Birschbach, managing director of REach®. “The exposure and feedback they will receive from working with some of the best in the business through one-on-one meetings and at real estate events will set them up for success in ways not possible through any other program.”
Throughout the eight-month program these companies will be provided mentorship from top real estate moguls, venture capitalists, and other tech entrepreneurs along with extensive education to help them navigate the complex real estate marketplace. Competition for the program was stiff; for the fourth consecutive year over a hundred companies applied to REach®. The seven organizations can expect significant results, as past classes have doubled, on average, their customer base and collectively raised over $40 million in financing both during and after completing the program.
About Second Century Ventures
Second Century Ventures(link is external) (SCV) is an early-stage technology fund, backed by the National Association of Realtors®, that leverages the association’s 1 million members and an unparalleled network of executives within real estate and adjacent industries. SCV systematically launches its portfolio companies into the world’s largest industries including real estate, financial services, banking, home services, and insurance. SCV seeks to define and deliver the future of the world’s largest industries by being a catalyst for new technologies, new opportunities, and new talent.
About National Association of Realtors®
The National Association of Realtors®, “The Voice for Real Estate,” is America’s largest trade association, representing 1 million members involved in all aspects of the residential and commercial real estate industries.
MEDIA CONTACT: SARA WISKERCHEN / 202-383-1013