WASHINGTON – (RealEstateRama) — During several award ceremonies across the country in July, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) will honor exemplary facilities, employees and civilian providers working to address Veteran homelessness.
“VA’s strong community efforts on Veteran homelessness are being supported by the hard work, innovation and dedication of thousands of VA employees and civilian partners,” said Secretary of Veterans Affairs David J. Shulkin. “Helping Veterans get housing is vital for them, but it also demonstrates clearly to the nation our enduring commitment to those who have served so well.”
The Secretary’s Award for Outstanding Achievement in Service for Homeless Veterans saluted top achievers in the following three categories:
- Julie E. Irwin, Homeless Care line manager, Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN) 2 (Bronx, N.Y.)
- Michael Wehrer, supervisor, Homeless Care Team, Erie VA Medical Center (Erie, Penn.)
- Kristen Weese, program manager, Health Care for Homeless Veterans Program, Western New York Health Care System (Buffalo, N.Y.)
- Domiciliary Service — VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, Calif.
- Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System, Health Care for Homeless Veterans Program, New Orleans
- Albany Stratton VA Medical Center, Health Care for Homeless Veterans Program, Albany.
- John E. Ratka, executive director, Veterans Northeast Outreach Center, Haverhill, Mass.
- Family Endeavors, Fayetteville, N.C.
- Ivory Mathews, executive director, The Greenville Housing Authority, Greenville, N.C.
- Team AMVETS, Garden Grove, Calif.
- Project Community Connections, Inc., Atlanta
- Virginia Veteran and Family Support Program, Richmond, Va.