LOS ANGELES – (RealEstateRama) — For the 19th year, the Milken Institute Global Conference will bring together leaders who drive change. From May 1 through May 4, more than 3,500 people from 55 countries and 45 states will gather for discussion across 11 content tracks, with the overarching theme exploring “The Future of Humankind.”
“Our Global Conference builds relationships that turn powerful ideas into transformative action, especially in our core areas of access to capital, improving health care and spurring job creation,” says Institute President and CEO Mike Klowden. “Our ability to bridge the worlds of business, finance, health, education and policy has never been more in demand.”
More than 700 speakers, including major investors, CEOs, senior government officials, scientists, educators, philanthropists and journalists, will take part in 200 sessions at the conference. These include:
- Jessica Alba, Founder and Chief Creative Officer, The Honest Company
- David Baltimore, Nobel Laureate; President Emeritus and Robert Andrews Millikan Professor of Biology, California Institute of Technology
- Kyle Bass, Chief Investment Officer, Hayman Capital Management
- Elizabeth Blackburn, Nobel Laureate; President, Salk Institute
- Tony Blair, Former Prime Minister, Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Jerry Brown, Governor, California
- Kobe Bryant, NBA Champion; CEO, Kobe Inc.
- Steven Cohen, Chairman and CEO, Point72 Asset Management; Co-Chair and Co-Founder, Steven & Alexandra Cohen Foundation
- Bob Corker, U.S. Senator, Tennessee; Chairman, Committee on Foreign Relations
- Raymond Dalio, Founder, Chairman and Co-Chief Investment Officer, Bridgewater Associates
- Mohamed El-Erian, Chief Economic Advisor, Allianz; Chair, President’s Global Development Council
- Niall Ferguson, Laurence A. Tisch Professor of History, Harvard University; Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University
- Adena Friedman, President and Chief Operating Officer, Nasdaq
- Michael Froman, United States Trade Representative
- Jason Furman, Chairman, White House Council of Economic Advisers
- Eric Garcetti, Mayor, City of Los Angeles
- Al Gore, Chairman, Generation Investment Management; Former U.S. Vice President
- Tom Hanks, Actor and Producer
- Jane Harman, Director, President and CEO, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; Former Congresswoman
- Mellody Hobson, President, Ariel Investments; Chairman, DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc.
- John Mackey, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, Whole Foods Market
- Federica Marchionni, CEO, Lands’ End
- Terry McAuliffe, Governor, Virginia
- Leslie Moonves, Chairman, President and CEO, CBS Corp.
- Michael Mullen, Senior Advisor, Providence Equity Partners; Former Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Lisa Murkowski, U.S. Senator, Alaska; Chairman, Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Sean Parker, Chairman, Parker Foundation
- Rosie Rios, Treasurer of the United States
- Seth Rogen, Actor; Writer; Co-Founder, Hilarity for Charity
- David Rubenstein, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, The Carlyle Group
- Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman, Alphabet
- Myron Scholes, Nobel Laureate; Frank E. Buck Professor of Finance, Emeritus, Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Stephen Schwarzman, Chairman, CEO and Co-Founder, Blackstone
- Russell Simmons, Entrepreneur, Author, Activist and Philanthropist
- Scott Walker, Governor, Wisconsin
- Mark Warner, U.S. Senator, Virginia
There are many ways to experience Global Conference without being there. For the first time, an extensive number of Global Conference panels will be live-streamed. See the full list here. Videos of all panels will be posted on the globalconference.org. In addition to blog posts and videos, nearly all Global Conference panels will be live-tweeted. Follow and take part in the conversation with #MIGlobal.
Complete information about the Global Conference, including the full program and list of speakers, is available at www.GlobalConference.org.
Note to media: Due to space constraints, media passes are available to a limited number of full-time, professional journalists who represent broadly available, prominent media outlets. Use the media registration form to apply. Only registered journalists may attend the Global Conference; you are not registered until your application has been approved and you receive e-mail confirmation.
About the Milken Institute
The Milken Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank determined to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health. It conducts data-driven research, convenes action-oriented meetings and promotes meaningful policy initiatives.
Members of the press may direct inquiries to:
Phone (310) 570.4623
Managing Director of Communications
Phone: (310) 570-4668