WASHINGTON – (RealEstateRama) — The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) today named Scott Frankel, Co-President and Principal of Frankel Building Group in Houston, Texas as the 2016 Best in Green (BIG) Young Professional of the Year. The award was given at the Best in Green Awards event held today during the International Builders’ Show.
The annual award recognizes up-and-coming green and sustainable professionals in the building industry.
Nominated by the Greater Houston Builders Association, Frankel was honored for his dedication to the advancement of sustainable green building practices. He is a certified Graduate Master Builder and also was the first NAHB Master Certified Green Professional in Texas and the second in the country. Since Frankel joined the firm in 2006, he has been instrumental in evolving the company from a traditional home building group into a full-service custom design firm specializing in green construction. As a result of Frankel’s sustainability efforts, more than 185 custom homes have been green certified. Additionally, all of Frankel Building Group’s new projects participate in the HBA’s Green Built Gulf Coast program.
“Scott is a true leader and visionary in the green and sustainable building industry,” said NAHB Chairman Ed Brady, a home builder and developer from Bloomington, Ill. “Green building is not just a goal for Scott, it is the foundation of everything he does, and he has been a great advocate for the industry, pushing for and funding sustainable green construction in a market where there is little demand.”
Other finalists in this category included:
- Amelia Godfrey of Southface Energy Institute of Atlanta (Nominated by the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association)
- Anthony Maschmedt of Dwell Development of Seattle (Nominated by the Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties)
- Leah Missik of Built Green Program of Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties of Bellevue, Wash. (Nominated by the Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties)
- William Rectanus of Thrive Home Builders of Denver (Nominated by the Home Builders Association of Metro Denver)
- Drew Wallace of econsultants, LLC of Columbia, Mo. (Nominated by the Home Builders Association of Columbia)
See additional information about the BIG awards at nahb.org/greenawards.