WASHINGTON, D.C. – March 13, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) will host a webinar this Wednesday on universal design, including demographics of the market and popular products and designs. Builders and remodelers are incorporating more universal design practices to make homes more user-friendly for home owners.
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
2:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) will host a webinar on universal design, including demographics of the market and popular products and designs. Expert speakers from NAHB’s Universal Design Working Group will discuss the ways to make a home work for everyone who lives there, as well as those who visit.
Sarah Reep Director of Designer Relations and Education at Masco Cabinetry will open the program with information about the demographics of the universal design market and the approach Masco is taking to present its universal design product line in a sensitive way.
The webinar will also feature a virtual tour of LIFEhouse — the Gold winner in the Best of 50+ Housing Awards Universal Design category, with commentary by the developer, Susanne Tauke. John Salmen, AIA, of Universal Design & Consultants will provide an overview of examples of universal design products now available in the marketplace.
The schedule of speakers includes:
• Sarah Reep, Director, Designer Relations & Education, Masco Cabinetry, Ann Arbor, Mich.
• Susanne Tauke, Developer, LIFEhouse — New American Homes, Antioch, Ill.
• John P.S. Salmen, AIA, President, Universal Designers & Consultants, Takoma Park, Md.
1. Direct your web browser to http://eventcenter.commpartners.com/se/NAHBLogin
2. Under “Enter a Webinar” in the blue box, enter the meeting number 337005 and click on “Enter.”
3. In the “Display Name” box, type in your first and last name and click on “Enter Meeting.”
4. The primary means of listening to this webinar is via audio streaming (your computer speakers). If your computer does not support audio streaming, please dial the following 1-888-601-3873 or 1-913-312-1493 (International Participants) and when prompted, enter the code 179375 followed by the # sign.
Go to http://www.ec.commpartners.com/ and click on support to take the browser test. If you pass the test, proceed to the participant instructions listed below. If you do not pass the test follow the prompts to install Adobe Flash. For further assistance refer to the Trouble Shooting Guidelines document or email " target="_blank">.