WASHINGTON, D.C. – February 2, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) will honor 11 housing professionals for their outstanding service in elevating the image of NAHB designations. The 2011 Designee of the Year award winners will be recognized at the 2012 International Builders’ Show (IBS) in Orlando, Fla.
“The education and designation programs at NAHB strive to improve professionalism and innovation in the home building and remodeling industries,” said Jim Sattler, chairman of the NAHB Education Committee and a builder from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. “These individuals fully embrace these ideals and stand out as leading professionals in their fields, incorporating innovative practices and techniques which ultimately benefit their customers and shine a positive light on our industry.”
The 2011 Designee of the Year award winners are:
• Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) of the Year: Debbie Grazioso, CAPS, owner of P&D Remodeling, Middletown, N.Y.
• Certified Graduate Associate (CGA) of the Year: Diana Lucero, CAPS, CGA, CGP, vice president of construction lending for New Mexico Bank & Trust, Albuquerque, N.M.
• Certified Graduate Builder (CGB) of the Year: John Gunkelman, CGB, CGP, CGR, president of Dakota Construction of Fargo, Inc., Fargo, N.D.
• Certified Green Professional (CGP) of the Year: John Ela, CGP, chief executive officer and president of Epoch Homes, Pembroke, N.H.
• Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR): N. Claiborne Porter, CGP, CGR, president of NCP Design/Build Ltd. and the principal of NCP Architects and Planners, Anchorage, Alaska.
• Graduate Master Builder (GMB): Daniel Adams, CGB, CGP, GMB, president of Daniel Adams Construction, Pinehurst, N.C.
• Master Certified Green Professional (Master CGP) of the Year: Michael Chandler, CGB, CGP, Master CGP, president of Chandler Design-Build, Mebane, N.C.
• Graduate Master Remodeler (GMR): Alan Hanbury, CAPS, CGP, CGR, GMR, treasurer of House of Hanbury Builders, Inc., Newington, Conn.
• Master Certified New Home Sales Professional (Master CSP) of the Year: Donna Stapleton, CMP, CSP, Master CSP, MIRM, general manager for Westgate Village, Chicago.
• Master in Residential Marketing (MIRM) of the Year: Gaye Burwell Orr, CMP, MIRM, president and partner of Coldwell Banker Advantage New Homes, Raleigh, N.C.
• Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) of the Year: Susan Heston, HCCP, compliance and data analyst for the Ohio Capital Corporation for Housing, Columbus, Ohio.
Designees honored this year were selected by their designation’s respective board of governors based on the successful promotion of their professional designations to consumers and NAHB members through innovative techniques, elevating the image of the designation in their communities through charitable work or community projects and by participating in mentoring activities focused on helping others start or complete a NAHB professional designation.
The winners will be recognized on Feb. 7 at NAHB’s Designation Achievement Reception prior to the 2012 IBS in Orlando, Fla. IBS is the largest annual light construction exposition in the world and is expected to play host to 50,000 home builders, remodelers, developers, architects and suppliers to the home building industry. The show takes place Feb. 8-11 at the Orange County Convention Center. For additional information and to register, visit http://www.buildersshow.com/.