Washington – RealEstateRama – Read our FY 2022 annual report to learn how we, along with NeighborWorks network organizations, are making an impact. Here are 7 highlights from our work. In 2022, NeighborWorks:
- Reported an increased number of homeowners preserved.
- Surpassed 200,000 rental homes in the NeighborWorks rental portfolio for the first time ever
- Counseled and educated more than 105,000 residents.
- Assisted more than 18,000 homebuyers to help them achieve their dream of homeownership.
- Assisted with the preservation or rehabilitation of more than 13,000 homeowners, who were at risk of foreclosure.
- Introduced a director of Native Strategy and Partnerships, a new position aimed at expanding NeighborWorks’ investment in tribal communities.
- Supported comprehensive community development, through grants and coaching that will continue in the year ahead.
About NeighborWorks America
For more than 40 years, Neighborhood Reinvestment Corp., a national, nonpartisan nonprofit known as NeighborWorks America, has strived to make every community a place of opportunity. Our network of excellence includes nearly 250 members in every state, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. NeighborWorks America offers grant funding, peer exchange, technical assistance, evaluation tools, and access to training as the nation’s leading trainer of housing and community development professionals. NeighborWorks network organizations provide residents in their communities with affordable homes, owned and rented; financial counseling and coaching; community building through resident engagement; and collaboration in the areas of health, employment and education.
Lindsay Moore, NeighborWorks America Media