Select from 8 Different Events to Satisfy Professional Education Requirements
WASHINGTON D.C. – December 16, 2015 – (RealEstateRama) — Attend Building Innovation 2016: The National Institute of Building Sciences Conference & Expo and check professional education requirements off the top of your 2016 “to-do” list. The Institute’s Annual Conference, to be held January 11-15, in Metro Washington, D.C., is a great way to earn continuing education units (CEUs) while hearing from speakers who are experts in their fields. With the theme Achieving a Resilient Future, Building Innovation 2016 offers a number of educational sessions that give attendees the opportunity to select from a total of 41.25 Learning Units (LUs) from the American Institute of Architects.
Building Innovation 2016 Events with CEUs include:
- The Second Workshop on Building Science Education in North America—Building Bridges and Bridging the Gap (Monday: Earn 7.5 Learning Units/Health, Safety, Welfare)
- The Academy for Healthcare Infrastructure 2016 Forum (Monday: Earn 7.5 Learning Units/ Health, Safety, Welfare)
- The Industry Leadership & Advocacy Symposium: People and Processes to Reach Resilience (Wednesday: Earn 5.75 Learning Units /Health, Safety, Welfare)
- The Facility Performance & Sustainability Symposium: Realizing Resilience: Incentives for Owners and Operators (Wednesday: Earn 5.75 Learning Units/Health, Safety, Welfare)
- The FEDCon® Keynote Breakfast presented by the Architect of the Capitol, Honorable Stephen T. Ayers, FAIA, LEED AP, and sponsored by DLT Solutions (Thursday: Earn 1.5 Learning Units)
- The Information Resources & Technology Symposium: Tools and Technologies to Reach Resilience, sponsored by RSMeans from the Gordian Group (Thursday: Earn 5.5 Learning Units/Health, Safety, Welfare)
- The Security & Disaster Preparedness Symposium: Realizing Resilience: Incentives for Local Leaders and Lifelines (Thursday: Earn 5.5 Learning Units /Health, Safety, Welfare)
- The Plenary Symposium: Achieving a Resilient Future (Friday: Earn 2.5 Learning Units/ Health, Safety, Welfare)
Other opportunities to hear from industry leaders include the following networking events:
- The Tuesday Keynote Luncheon presented by the Chairman of the Institute’s Board of Directors, James “Tim” T. Ryan, CBO, City of Overland Park, Kansas.
- The Wednesday Exhibits Walking Lunch in the Exhibit Hall where Exhibitors will present the latest industry technologies.
- The Thursday Beyond Green™ Awards Luncheon, sponsored by the Illuminating Engineering Society, where the 2015 recipients will present their award-winning projects.
- The Institute’s Annual Reception and Awards Banquet, where the Institute will recognize industry leaders with Institute awards.
And be sure to attend the Institute’s board, council and committee meetings to get an insider’s view of the Institute in action and discover how you can get involved in developing solutions to improve the built environment.