NAIOP is seeking nominations for its 2013 Sustainable Development Award. Nominations are due on Friday, April 26.
WASHINGTON, D.C. – March 22, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — This annual honor recognizes a commercial real estate developer for an outstanding new construction or renovation project that incorporates sustainable design and construction elements, resulting in an environmentally-efficient and economically-successful property.
Applicants are judged on a number of criteria, including company commitment to sustainability, project history, economic analysis, water efficiency, energy efficiency, accessibility, innovation and other sustainable attributes. Entries for the award are reviewed by industry leaders.
The recipient of this award receives considerable publicity, including:
- Press release from NAIOP.
- Award presentation at Development ’13: The Annual Meeting for Commercial Real Estate, October 7-9, in San Diego, Calif. The company’s CEO or a senior executive is requested to accept the award and make a brief presentation about the award-winning building.
- Optional Fast Track Session for a case study and/or virtual tour, presented at the fall Development conference, which features the company’s CEO and members of the project team.
- Feature in the winter issue of Development magazine.
- Featured green case study on naiop.org.
- Photo of award-winning building in NAIOP corporate office.
Nomination forms can be downloaded at www.naiop.org/sda. For more information, call 703-904-7100 or email ">.
2013 Marks Ninth Annual Award for NAIOP
NAIOP established the Sustainable Development Award in 2005 to recognize the growing number of firms engaged in green development. NAIOP and its member companies are committed to developing model properties adhering to the highest standards in the industry and believe that socially conscious development is essential to the economic vitality of the industry.
# # #
About NAIOP: NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, is the leading organization for developers, owners and related professionals in office, industrial, retail and mixed-use real estate. NAIOP comprises 15,000 members in North America. NAIOP advances responsible commercial real estate development and advocates for effective public policy. For more information, visit www.naiop.org.