WASHINGTON, D.C. – July 25, 2013 – (RealEstateRama)
Ribbon Cutting & Home Tour – Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 9:30 am
WHO: Garbett Homes, builder of the greenest residential communities in the state of Utah
WHAT: RIBBON CUTTING CEREMONY & HOME TOUR
Interview and Photo Opportunities
- VIPS: Lieutenant Governor of Utah (Greg Bell) and U.S. Department of Energy’s Program Manager for Challenge Home (Sam Rashkin)
- Also: CEO of Vivint and Vivint Solar (Todd Pedersen) and CEO of Garbett Homes (Bryson Garbett)
- Other Project Team Members: Principal and a founding partner of KTGY Group, Inc. Architecture + Planning (John Tully), KTGY Studio Director (William Ramsey, AIA, LEED AP).
WHEN: Thursday, August 1, 2013
9:30 am to 12 noon
WHERE: Bellasol at Rosecrest
5047 West Ambermont Drive (approximately 14862 South)
Herriman, UT 84096
WHY: Grand Opening Ceremony for Garbett Homes introduces the first Net Zero Energy Production home in Utah and one of the first Production Net Zero Homes in the U.S. to achieve an actual Home Energy Rating System (HERS) score of ZERO in Climate Zone 5.
This is the first home in Utah to receive the U.S. Department of Energy Challenge Home Certification.
With a HERS Score of Zero, this home is 100% more energy efficient than brand-new code-built homes in Utah and comparably priced with similarly-sized homes in the area.
Garbett is currently selling homes with HERS ratings in the 30’s and only need minor tweaks to meet the Challenge Home specification. This includes multifamily projects that achieve HERS ratings in the 20’s and 30’s with only 1.4 kW solar systems. Garbett has been able to achieve very low HERS scores with production homes and remain competitive in the marketplace.
ADDITIONAL FACTS ABOUT THE HOME:
- Power bills will be ZERO dollars (the home produces more energy than it consumes)
- Energy Star 3.0 Qualified
- Received EPA Indoor Air Plus Qualification
- Achieves ACH (Air Change Rate) of less than 1 (which represents an extremely tight building envelope)
- Equipped with ERVs (Energy Recovery Ventilators), providing whole home air filtration and controlled ventilation.
- Uses advanced insulation (R-39 Exterior Walls, R-69 Attics, R-24 Foundations/Basements): Tyvek Commercial Grade Home Wrap, 2×6 Exterior walls, 24″-on-center Advanced Framing, Spray Foam and Blown-in Fiber insulation, Owens-Corning Energy-Complete air sealing system, complete foundation insulation.
- Solar Powered (10.29 Kilowatt Solar Photovoltaic Energy System)
- Solar Hot Water (Velux: 2x Single Glazed Flat Plate Collectors, 27 ft 2 each w/Velux 65-gallon holding tank
- Air Source Heat Pump (XL20I Weathertron 9 HSPF (Heating Seasonal Performance Factor) Rating (Heating) 16.75 SEER Rating (Cooling)
- 96% efficient furnace with ECM motors for main blower as well as inducer motors. The fan motor on the condenser is ECM as well.
- Located in master-planned community of Rosecrest in Herriman, encompassing over 2,500 acres of rolling-foothills and valleys in a quiet setting with indescribable panoramic views.
- Style C: 3-5 bedrooms, 2.5-3.5 bathrooms, full unfinished basement, 4,335 total square feet; 4-car garage.
- Part of the Parade of Homes, August 2-17, 2013.
IMAGES: Rendering and floor plan for model home (Style C) are immediately available upon request.
Professional photography will be available late August.
ABOUT: About Garbett Homes
Founded in 1983 in Salt Lake City, Utah with the intent to build beautiful homes for discerning buyers at the most affordable prices possible. Since then, Garbett Homes has built over 4,000 homes in more than 30 communities in the United States and Mexico. Garbett Homes strives to offer the most up-to-date technology and innovative designs in a comfortable and functional home. Garbett Homes is absolutely committed to Green Building Practices and is constantly looking for new ways to improve every aspect of energy efficiency, sustainability and environmental responsibility. See www.garbetthomes.com
Vivint is the largest home automation services provider in the United States and one of the largest technology companies in Utah. It has more than 13 years of experience innovating and transforming the coolest technology into an affordable reality for its customers. Vivint’s continued innovation in energy analytics, wireless internet, and solar energy continue to make it one of the most exciting technology companies anywhere. See www.vivint.com and www.thezerohome.com
About KTGY Group
Celebrating 21 years, KTGY Group, Inc., Architecture and Planning, is a national award-winning firm providing comprehensive planning and award-winning architectural design services for residential communities, retail, hospitality, mixed-use and related specialty developments. KTGY delivers innovative solutions that reflect clear understanding of development, market trends and financial performance. Serving clients worldwide, KTGY maintains offices in Irvine, Oakland and Santa Monica, Calif., Denver, Colo., and Tysons, Va. See www.KTGY.com