WASHINGTON, D.C. – September 11, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — On Thursday, September 12, 2013, at 9:45 a.m., the Bicameral Task Force on Climate Change will host a press availability with agriculture and renewable energy leaders. This event will follow a closed-door discussion on climate change and agriculture, where participants will be discussing the threats and costs that climate change poses to agricultural production; what these impacts mean for food supplies and prices, rural economies, and trade; and how agriculture can contribute to efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
The Bicameral Task Force on Climate Change, founded in January 2013, focuses on drawing congressional and public attention to climate change and developing effective policy responses to this urgent challenge.
- Bicameral Task Force on Climate Change Co-chairs Rep. Henry A. Waxman and Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse and other Task Force Members TBA.
- William Hohenstein, Director of the Climate Change Program Office, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Rick Tolman, Chief Executive Officer, National Corn Growers Association
- Roger Johnson, President, National Farmers Union
- Tom Buis, Chief Executive Officer, Growth Energy
- Ernie Shea, Project Coordinator, the 25×25 Alliance
- Tomorrow, Thursday, September 12, 2013
- 9:45 a.m.
- Rayburn horseshoe lobby stakeout location