RE/MAX Leader Sees End of Housing Crisis
Las Vegas, NV – March 8, 2011 – (RealEstateRama) — RE/MAX Chairman and Co-Founder Dave Liniger told a gathering of more than 5,000 real estate agents that the worst of the housing crisis has passed. At the annual convention of the global real estate franchisor, Liniger said that the industry must continue to pursue the training that will help homeowners in distress, but should also start planning for a post-crisis environment.
“There will be more foreclosures this year, but the worst is behind us and we need to turn our focus to the future,” said Liniger. “The housing recovery is actually happening faster than many economists think.”
Liniger detailed year-end home sales figures showing that more American families turned to RE/MAX agents than agents with any other company. RE/MAX agents remain the most productive sales force among the national franchises, as measured by Transaction Sides per agent.
Liniger also announced that as a result of an aggressive national campaign, large servicer/lenders will be providing distressed property leads to RE/MAX agents because of their high level of professional education. A CitiMortgage ProActive Short Sale program was announced, which includes nearly 50,000 property leads.
RE/MAX, which celebrated its 38th anniversary in January, also marked several significant achievements in 2010.
- Worldwide franchise sales were up nearly 30% in 2010.
- RE/MAX expanded internationally into eight new countries including Bolivia, Tunisia, Dominica and Suriname.
- Reader’s Digest Canada named RE/MAX the Most Trusted Brand in Real Estate.
- RE/MAX University (RU), the comprehensive platform for RE/MAX agent training and education, launched an extensive On-Demand Platform, making its award-winning training available 24/7 online and on HD television through the digital media player, Roku.
- RE/MAX University implemented a Mobile Application giving agents access to training on the go.
- RE/MAX continues to lead the industry in the number of agents trained in short sales with the most Certified Distress Property Experts (CDPEs). * RE/MAX launched the RE/MAX YouTube Brand Channel featuring thousands of RE/MAX videos and a geo-targeting map for consumers searching for agent videos and listed properties at locations around the world.
- For the fourth year in a row, RE/MAX was recognized as one of the Top Ten Military Spouse-Friendly Employers by Military Spouse Magazine and honored as a Top Military-Friendly Employer by G.I. Jobs magazine for the second consecutive year.
- RE/MAX became one of three companies to pass $100M in donations to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and RE/MAX formally launched Home for the Cure in partnership with Susan G. Komen for the Cure.® The annual RE/MAX convention, known as R4, is being held this week, through Thursday, at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Resort. Over 5,000 RE/MAX agents from 57 countries came to Las Vegas for the event, which also featured over 300 industry vendors.
For more information or to find out how to purchase a RE/MAX franchise, visit www.remax.com. To learn more about becoming a RE/MAX agent, visit www.joinremax.com.
# # #
About the RE/MAX Network:
RE/MAX was founded in 1973 by Dave and Gail Liniger, real estate industry visionaries who still lead the Denver-based global franchisor today. RE/MAX is recognized as one of the leading real estate franchise companies with the most productive sales force in the industry and a global reach of more than 80 countries. With a passion for the communities in which its agents live and work, RE/MAX is proud to have raised more than $100 million for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and other charities. Nobody in the world sells more real estate than RE/MAX. Please visit www.remax.com or www.joinremax.com.
Cory Jo Vasquez
Sr. Public Relations Manager