WASHINGTON, D.C. – May 18, 2016 – (RealEstateRama) — The Housing Association of Nonprofit Developers (HAND), celebrating its 25th Anniversary, is pleased to announce the 2016 slate of HAND Housing Achievement Awardees. The awards program is designed to recognize the most outstanding and innovative housing developments, programs and solutions across the metropolitan region. The winners will be honored at the organization’s upcoming 2016 Annual Meeting & Housing Expo on June 21, 2016 at the Crystal City Gateway Marriott in Arlington, Virginia.
The awardees are:
- Nonprofit Developer of the Year: Community Preservation and Development Corporation
- Best Large Affordable Housing Project: MetroTowns at Parkside: The Linda Joy and Kenneth Jay Pollin Memorial Community
Developers: Pollin Memorial Community Development, LLC, a joint venture between Enterprise Homes, Inc. and Mr. Abe Pollin
- Best Small Affordable Housing Project: Trinity Plaza
Developers: Far Southwest-Southeast Community Development Corporation
- Best Housing Partner: Arlington County
- Emerging Leader: Jocelyn Harris, Single Family Housing Developer, Housing Initiative Partnership
- President’s Choice: Sheila Crowley, Former President & CEO, National Low Income Housing Coalition
What: HAND 25th Anniversary Celebration, 2016 Annual Meeting & Housing Expo will also explore the future of housing equity – regionally and nationally – and feature:
- Interactive Plenary: “State of the Nation’s Housing,” Christopher Herbert, Joint Center for Housing Studies, Harvard University; including highlights of the soon-to-be-released 2016 report)
When: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Awards Luncheon – 12:30 PM
Where: Crystal City Marriott Hotel
1700 Jefferson Davis Pkwy, Arlington, Virginia
Who: More than 1200 affordable housing and community development regional leaders, presenters, keynote speaker (tbd) and more!
For additional information on the awardees, HAND’s 25th Anniversary Celebration, 2016 Annual Meeting & Housing Expo or sponsorship information, contact TeAnne Coleman Chennault 213. 399.6467 or email " target="_blank">.
For 25 years, HAND has served as the only regional membership association dedicated to supporting the community developmentindustry in its efforts to increase the supply of affordable housing in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Through education, engagement and training, HAND builds the capacity of its diverse membership comprised of nonprofit and for-profit housing developers, resident service providers, lenders, government agencies, policy analysts and others, to support the development of sustainable communities for people and families at all income levels.
Visit www.HANDHousing.org to learn more about HAND’s efforts to build vibrant communities across the metropolitan region.