Blinds NZ: A Guide to Finding the Perfect Window Coverings for Your Home
Good blinds can give you privacy, style, UV protection, and other benefits. They can even make your home more valuable. But it can be hard to decide which window treatment is best for you. The people at Total Look Blinds Nz in Auckland, New Zealand, know how hard it can be, so we made this guide to help you weigh your options and make the best decision.
Follow our ideas for window treatments that will get you excited.
1. First, Measure.
Before you look at different blinds, you need to know the exact size of each window you want to cover. This will help you choose the best type of blinds for each window and get a better idea of how much they will cost. You should measure exactly where you want the blind or shade to go. For interior blinds, you should usually measure to the edge of the window pane, not the edge of the frame. For exterior blinds, on the other hand, you should usually measure to the edge of the frame. If you really want to be sure, get a free measure and quote from a professional for the most accurate results.
2. What Do You Want?
When choosing blinds (or really any product), the most important thing is not to ask other people what they think is the “best” option. There is no one “best” option for everyone. To decide what’s best, you have to think about your needs and then find the blind that meets them perfectly.
- Think about privacy and light.
- Think about how you want to balance privacy and natural light in each room’s windows.
- Do you want the room to be light and airy, or do you want it to be dark and private? With roller blinds, you can open the windows all the way, letting in all the light. You can choose materials that let light through even when the blinds are closed, or you can choose darker shades or blinds that block out all light.
- Or maybe the choice to have both at different times? Horizontal blinds that can be turned or Venetian blinds give you a lot of options.
- Want to make a small room feel bigger? Horizontal shutters in light colours will make the room look bigger and keep it from looking dark and crowded.
3. Make And Stick To A Budget
Know how much money you have to spend and don’t go over it. This will make it much easier to choose the type of fabric, add-ons, and custom sizes.
4. Maintenance Needs
Cleaning and maintaining different kinds of blinds takes different amounts of time and work. Think about how much of your life you are willing to spend on these things in a realistic way.
5. How Do You Dress?
Blinds are both useful and attractive. Think about your style and how you want your home to look. Old-fashioned or new? Choose blinds that go with your home and style.
6. Worries About Safety
Lastly, blinds with loose cords are not a good idea if you have young children in your home unless you have a safe way to keep them out of reach. Instead of looped cords, try window coverings with tassels that you can move. You could even think about home automation. As far as we know, no one has ever been killed by a remote control. We also give away free cord safes to keep the roller cords safely attached to the wall.