– Free Grant Application Workshops Announced; New application system requires online submission
WAILUKU, Maui, Hawai`i – November 3, 2015 – (RealEstateRama) — The County of Maui Department of Housing and Human Concerns, Grants Management Division, announced that all qualified private non-profit and for-profit organizations providing or planning to provide services and programs in the areas of social welfare, youth services, alcohol and substance abuse, homelessness, youth centers and other public service programs within Maui County are invited to submit an application for grant funds for Fiscal Year 2017 and Fiscal Year 2018. Deadline to submit applications is December 15, 2015.
Funding periods are from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017 and July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018. Second-year funding is contingent upon successful first-year program performance (which includes the submission of required reports and data in a timely manner) and availability of funds.
Grant fund categories Include:
• Affordable Rental Housing Program
• Health, Human Services and Education Program
• Social Services: Food, Shelter and Safety (solicited as Community Partnership Grants in previous years)
• Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Program
• Youth Centers and Program
• Early Childhood Program
• Animal Sheltering Program
Qualifying requirements for applicants:
• Must be a profit organization incorporated under the laws of the State of Hawaii, or a nonprofit organization determined to be exempt from federal income tax by the Internal Revenue Service.
• In case of a nonprofit organization, have a governing board whose members have no material conflict of interest and serve without compensation.
• Have bylaws or policies which describe the manner in which business is conducted. Such bylaws or policies shall include provisions relating to nepotism and management potential conflict-of-interest situations.
• Be licensed and accredited in accordance with applicable requirements of federal, state and County governments, as necessary.
Due to a new application system, organizations wishing to submit a grant application are required to submit proposals online using the AMPLIFUND system. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that ALL required documents are uploaded to complete the grant application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Grant applications will be reviewed according to specifications of the Maui County Code (Chapter 3.36).
Applications are now available at www.mauicounty.gov/grants. Application deadline is December 15, 2015. No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.
Free grant application workshops are scheduled on the following dates and locations:
• Nov. 16, 2015 at Maui Economic Opportunity, Inc., 99 Mahalani St., Wailuku: 10:00 a.m. – noon and 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
• Nov. 17, 2015 at Queen Liliuokalani Children’s Center on Molokai, 602 Maunaloa Hwy, Kaunakakai: 10:00 a.m. – noon.
• Nov. 19, 2015, Lanai Youth Center, 717 Fraser Ave, Lanai City: 10:00 a.m. – noon.
Space is limited at the workshops, and pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, please contact the Grants Management Division (GMD) at (808) 270-7807. For general grants information online, visit www.mauicounty.gov/grants.
# # #