On Dec. 3, leading policy experts in housing, mortgage finance and community development will discuss ways to address on the biggest issues impacting home affordability and more
WASHINGTON – RealEstateRama – The National Housing Conference (NHC) will convene a panel of housing policy leaders from both the government and private sector at its annual convening that aims to identify new solutions to America’s biggest housing needs. The year-end conference, “Solutions for Affordable Housing,” will look closely at our nation’s most pressing housing challenges and seek out new strategies for addressing them as policymakers in Washington embark on implementing landmark housing finance reform next year.
The NHC convening will kick off on Dec. 3, 2019 with a series of discussions on solving the housing supply crisis, closing the black homeownership gap, and addressing the homelessness epidemic, among other housing affordability concerns. Expert panels, representing the diverse perspectives of housing policy stakeholders, will seek out new approaches and areas of common ground. Then, as part of NHC’s second annual Advocacy Day, NHC members will share that knowledge with lawmakers on Capitol Hill, following a plenary breakfast with Rep. Lacy Clay (D-Mo.) and Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-Mich.).
NHC is a national nonprofit dedicated to educating decision makers and the public about federal, state and local affordable housing policies. The Solutions for Affordable Housing is its latest convening, but past sessions have addressed topics on Opportunity Zones, Low Income Housing Tax Credit and Fair Housing to name a few.
WHEN: Tuesday, Dec. 3 11 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EST
Wednesday, Dec. 4, 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. EST
WHERE: National Press Club
529 14th St NW, 13th Fl
Washington, DC 20045
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Chrissi Johnson, Quicken Loans
- Matt Joseph, Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Kristi Leo, Structured Finance Association
- Anne McCulloch, Housing Partnership Equity Trust
- Kathryn Monet, National Coalition for Homeless Veterans
- Steve O’Connor, Mortgage Bankers Association
- Pam Patenaude, former Deputy Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
- Ralph Perrey, Tennessee Housing Development
- Craig Phillips, Former U.S. Treasury Department Advisor
- Buzz Roberts, National Association of Affordable Housing Lenders
- Kris Siglin, National Community Stabilization Trust
- Steve Thomas, Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago
- Antoine Thompson, National Association of Real Estate Brokers
- Mark Willis, NYU Furman Center
CONTACT: If you would like to receive a media pass for this event, please RSVP by 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Dec 3 to Antoinette S. Murphy, director of marketing and communications, 202.466.2121 x236.
About NHC: The National Housing Conference has been defending the American Home since 1931. Everyone in America should have equal opportunity to live in a quality, affordable home in a thriving community. NHC convenes and collaborates with our diverse membership and the broader housing and community development sectors to advance our policy, research and communications initiatives to effect positive change at the federal, state and local levels. Politically diverse and nonpartisan, NHC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.