WASHINGTON, D.C. – (RealEstateRama) — Building Innovation 2017: The National Institute of Building Sciences Conference & Expo, to be held January 9-12, in Washington, D.C., is a great way to earn continuing education units (CEUs) while hearing from a diverse group of speakers. With the theme Collaborating for a High-Performing Future, Building Innovation 2017 takes a new path to delivering educational content to engage the entire building community, combining a variety of concepts and presenting diverse perspectives during each session to stimulate creative ideas, present new approaches and develop workable solutions for the entire building industry.
Building Innovation 2017 sessions have received approval for a total of 24.5 Learning Units (LUs) from the American Institute of Architects, many of which are Health, Safety, Welfare (HSW) hours.
Building Innovation 2017 Sessions include:
Day Two: Tuesday, January 10
- Designing for a Changing Climate (1.5 LUs/HSW)
- Collaborating through Effective Teams (1.5 LUs/HSW)
- Resilient, Energy-Efficient Communities (1.5 LUs/HSW)
- Introducing the National BIM Guide for Owners (1.5 LUs)
- Navigating the Future of the Industry through Research and Industrialization (1.5 LUs)
- Preparing the High-Performance Workforce (1.5 LUs/HSW)
Day Three: Wednesday, January 11
- Designing and Managing Facilities for Occupant Needs (2.0 LUs/HSW)
- Collaborative Design for Health (1.5 LUs/HSW)
- Creating World-Class, Resilient Medical Facilities (1.5 LUs/HSW)
- Healthcare Facility Life-Cycle Planning and Financing (1.5 LUs/HSW)
Day Four: Thursday, January 12
- Keys to Creating Resilient Communities (1.5 LUs/HSW)
- Utilizing Information Technology for Better Building Performance (1.5 LUs)
- Managing and Securing Facility Information and Systems (1.5 LUs)
- Incentivizing High-Performance Buildings and Communities (1.5 LUs/HSW)
- Setting the Foundation for Resilience through Building Codes (1.5 LUs/HSW)
- Achieving High Performance through Innovation (1.5 LUs)
Join us on Monday (Day One) to get a first-hand view of how the Institute works to improve the built environment and find ways to get involved in the process by attending leadership meetings. Other opportunities to hear from industry leaders include the Tuesday Opening Keynote Breakfast; the Tuesday Exhibit Hall Walking Lunch where Exhibitors will present the latest industry technologies; the Wednesday Plenary Luncheon; the Institute’s Annual Reception and Awards Banquet, where the Institute will recognize industry leaders with Institute awards; the Thursday FEDCon® Keynote Breakfast; and the Thursday Beyond Green™ Awards Luncheon, where the 2016 recipients will present their award-winning projects.
Be sure to attend the council and committee meetings throughout the Conference to get an insider’s view of the Institute’s ongoing programs and projects.
Register to attend credit-building educational sessions with a Full-Conference ticket, a One-Day Conference ticket or a Non-Conference event ticket to hear from one of the keynote speakers. Select the conference package that works best for you.
Just don’t wait too long to register. Early-bird registration ends Monday, October 31, 2016. Register now and save.