WASHINGTON, D.C. – October 30, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — The Energy Department on October 25 announced winners of the first-ever Housing Innovation Awards, recognizing 46 diverse industry leaders bringing the best in energy-efficient building technologies and design to new and older homes and helping households save money. The competition, coordinated by the Energy Department’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, offered rigorous application criteria within four building categories: DOE Challenge Home Builders, Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Participating Contractors, Excellence in Building Science Educator of the Year, and Building America Top Innovations. The Housing Innovation Awards recognize leading builders, contractors, researchers, national laboratories, and building science organizations who are helping communities across the country save money and energy and are leading the way to affordable, comfortable, zero-net-energy-ready homes.
Among the recipients acknowledged for their game-changing Building America research achievements were the Energy Department’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory for its high-efficiency furnace blower, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory for its standardized data sharing system and high-efficiency window-mounted air conditioner, and the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory for its Building America Solution Center. These innovations are helping to guide residential building professionals in moving toward more energy-efficient, healthier, and durable homes. See the Energy Department progress alert.
- Energy Department Invests in Heating, Cooling, and Lighting
WASHINGTON, D.C. - August 21, 2013 - (RealEstateRama) -- The Energy Department on August 14 announced 12 projects to develop innovative heating, cooling, and insulation technologies as well as open-source energy efficiency software to help homes and commercial buildings save energy and money. These projects will receive approximately $9 million from the Energy Department along with about $1 million in...
- HUD ANNOUNCES $25 MILLION IN AVAILABLE GRANTS FOR NEW ENERGY INNOVATION FUND MULTIFAMILY PILOT PROGRAM
WASHINGTON, DC - September 5, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development today announced that $25 million is available through HUDтАЩs new Multifamily Energy Efficiency Pilot program. Once awarded, these grants will help develop new innovative approaches for multifamily residential properties to reduce their energy consumption, lower greenhouse gas emissions, while saving money for the...
- Santa Barbara County Launches New Home Energy Upgrade Financing Program with Energy Department Suppor
November 15, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- The U.S. Department of Energy recently recognized the launch of Santa Barbara County's energy efficiency financing program, one of the Department's Better Buildings Neighborhood projects. Called "emPowerSBC," this new program will allow homeowners in Santa Barbara, California to increase the comfort and affordability of their homes through energy-saving home upgrades such as improved insulation,...
- Energy Department Partnership to Certify Zero Net-Energy Ready Homes
WASHINGTON, D.C. - August 22, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- The Energy Department on August 20 announced a new partnership between its Challenge Home program and the Passive House Institute US (PHIUS) on a voluntary certification process for energy-efficient homes. The partnership will streamline certifications for homes that can offset most or all of their utility bills with a small renewable...
- Energy Department Announces Building Energy Efficiency Investments in Twenty-Two States
WASHINGTON, D.C. - June 28, 2012 - (RealEstateRama) -- The Energy Department today announced new investments in state-led energy efficiency projects, supporting the Obama Administration's commitment to reduce building energy costs and transfer those savings directly to taxpayers. The Energy Department awarded nearly $14 million to 22 states and territories to conduct energy efficiency upgrades in public facilities and develop...
- ERC and NCLR Investigation Uncovers Housing Discrimination against Latinos in Three Major Metropolitan Areas
- HUD AND CENSUS BUREAU REPORT NEW RESIDENTIAL SALES IN OCTOBER
- Pending Home Sales Slow in October but Remain Higher Than a Year Ago
- CRE Industry Turns to Congress to Move Meaningful Legislation Forward
- Why November Is The Best Month To Sell Your Home
- Mercy Housing is participating in Colorado Gives Day 2014
- Four Industrial Properties Trade Hands in San Gabriel Valley Totaling Over 49,000 SF and $4.8 Million Dollars
- CBRE ARRANGES $9 MILLION SALE OF MEDLEY INDUSTRIAL ASSET
- LOS ANGELES HEADQUARTERS ASSOCIATION APPOINTS RANDY SOEWERS AS BOARD PRESIDENT
- BRP Development Corporation to Transform Long-Vacant Harlem Renaissance Site
- FELDMAN EQUITIES, TOWER REALTY JV ACQUIRES 3rd OFFICE BUILDING IN DOWNTOWN ST PETERSBURG