Alexandria, VA – January 5, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — Leading professionals and dealmakers will not want to miss the 25th anniversary “VALCON 2012: Restructurings, Reorganizations and Distressed Sales: Valuation Strategies and Opportunities,” taking place at the Four Seasons Hotel in Las Vegas Feb. 22-24, 2012. Sponsored by the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors and the University of Texas Continuing Legal Education program, the conference will feature up to 15 hours of CLE and 18 hours of CPE credit with the opportunity to take part in valuation breakout program tracks.
· Fundamentals of Valuation Methodologies
· Valuation of Energy Assets and Companies
· Real Estate: Current Valuation Issues
· Current Conditions and Outlook on Global Sovereign and Corporate Credit Markets
· Valuation Issues in Downsizing a Business after a Super-Sized Economy Fails
· Git’r Done! Managing Post-Confirmation Issues
· The Impact of Trading Prices on Confirmation Hearings, Plus Debt Valuations
· Capital Markets 2012: For Better or Worse
· Amend and Pretend Parts I and II: The Role of Accounting Rules, Bank Regulatory Concerns and Market Values
· The Painful Adjustment to the New Economic Realities
· Bankruptcy, Valuation and Restructuring in the Middle Market: Current Tools, Issues and Opportunities
· Lessons Learned: Valuation and Bankruptcy Cases from the Past Year
· Judicial Panel
· Looking under the Hood: How Do Tried-and-True Valuation Methodologies and Models Lead Us Astray?
· Ethics Issues in Valuation Matters
· Developing the Cost of Equity Capital: Risk-Free Rate and ERP During Periods of “Flight to Quality”
For a program schedule and full list of speakers, please click here.
For more information on the VALCON 2012 Conference, please visit
ABI is the largest multi-disciplinary, nonpartisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related to insolvency. ABI was founded in 1982 to provide Congress and the public with unbiased analysis of bankruptcy issues. The ABI membership includes more than 13,000 attorneys, accountants, bankers, judges, professors, lenders, turnaround specialists and other bankruptcy professionals, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. For additional information on ABI, visit www.abiworld.org. For additional conference information, visit http://www.abiworld.org/conferences.html.