NAREE June real estate journalism conference in Denver to include tour and Saturday visit option to Vail, Colorado.
DENVER, CO – March 29, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — NAREE has extended its news-making June real estate journalism conference in Denver to include an informative tour and Saturday visit option to the premier resort of Vail, Colorado.
The National Association of Real Estate Editors — NAREE — will begin its 46th annual conference Wednesday June 20th at the Brown Palace Hotel & Spa in downtown Denver. On Saturday, June 23, NAREE conferees will have the option to travel to the mountains in Vail for a behind-the-scene tour organized in conjunction with Vail Resorts Inc., one of the worldâ€™s largest vacation-real-estate developers.
Conferees opting for the Vail tour should book their return flights leaving Denver Sunday, June 24, to allow time for the Saturday Vail tour. Round trip transportation for the Vail tour on Saturday will be complimentary.
The four-day NAREE conference, entitled, “Covering Real Estate With Altitude” is NAREE’s “Ultimate News Conference” and is designed to draw writers, editors, authors and the nationâ€™s leading real estate analysts and experts to focus on new trends in residential, resort, commercial and financial real estate. Conferees will enjoy newsworthy speakers and panel discussions, along with trend-setting tours.
Speakers will include Lawrence Yun, chief economist of the National Association of Realtors; Mark Obrinsky, chief economist of National Multi Housing Council; Rachel McCleery, Urban Land Institute; Walter Isenberg, chief executive of Sage Hospitality; Michael Kelley, president, Caldera Asset Management; David Crowe, chief economist, National Association of Home Builders; to name a few. Additional prominent speakers will be announced shortly.
NAREE University – the conferenceâ€™s plentiful professional development sessions – will equip journalists to improve their craft and excel in their careers online, in print and on camera.
The Saturday tour to Vail will offer conferees an inside look at housing and green real estate development practices in a pristine resort location. The tour will include a visit to the luxurious Ritz-Carlton Residences and the town of Vail.
The NAREE conference will be headquartered in downtown Denver at the historic Brown Palace Hotel, the grand dame of Denver hostelry. Opening in 1892, the Victorian Brown Palace is connected by a beautiful second-floor skybridge to the affordable, contemporary-styled Comfort Inn, an outstanding limited-service value hotel. NAREE Conference attendees may opt for rooms in either hotel, and will enjoy privileges of the Brown Palace in both.
Denver has a strong hotel market in June and conferees are advised to make hotel reservations early. Make reservations for either hotel by calling: 800-321-2599. Ask for NAREE’s special rates of $185 at the Brown Palace Hotel or $109 at the adjoining Comfort Inn.
“The Brown Palace has a stunning eight-story atrium lobby and myriad charming banquet rooms and historic suites. Moving between the two hotels on the second story skybridge is seamless. Guests get a panoramic view of the Denver skyline on the bridge as they head to the impressive ballrooms,” said NAREE Executive Director, Mary Doyle-Kimball.
“The Comfort Inn at the Brown Palace offers a refreshing contrast to its sister hotel. Rooms are delightful — appointed in light woods with metal and primary color accents — and offer plenty of light. Those on the NAREE block at the Comfort Inn will be offered upgraded queen rooms,” she added.
Highlights of the conference will include the announcement of the winners of NAREEâ€™s 62nd
- NAREE Real Estate Journalism Competition to Offer More Than $10,000 in Cash Awards
NAREE REAL ESTATE JOURNALISM CONTEST EXPANDS WITH 11 NEW CATEGORIES; $10,000 IN PRIZE MONEY. AWARDS OPEN FOR WEEKLY BUSINESS PAPERS, SPOT NEWS REPORTS; MORTGAGE & HOME DESIGN WRITERS...
- Denver Welcomes NAR Home Ownership Bus Tour
Washington, DC - March 18, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- A month-long Home Ownership Matters Bus Tour hosted by the National Association of RealtorsÂ® makes a stop this week outside the Denver Home Show on Saturday, March 19. NAR leaders and invited local officials will be on hand to hear from consumers and speak with them about how shifting priorities and...
- Lance Smith of Kentwood Real Estate Nominated for Denver Business Journalâ€™s
DENVER, CO - April 21, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- Lance Smith, Chief Information Officer for Kentwood Real Estate, was recently nominated for the Denver Business Journalâ€™s (DBJ) Chief Information Officer (CIO) of the Year award. The DBJ and the Soci......
- Sandy Weigand of Kentwood Real Estate Garners Top Production Honors from Denver Board of Realtors
DENVER, CO - October 18, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- Sandy Weigand, a leading Broker Associate with The Kentwood Company in the Denver Tech Center and one of the countryâ€™s most accomplished real estate professionals, has been recognized by the Denver ......
- Kris Kerr Joins The Gordon Group at Kentwood Real Estate in the Denver Tech Center as Broker Associate DENVER â€“ Kris Kerr, a service-driven real estate professional, has joined The Gordon Group with Kentwood Real Estate in the Denver Tech
DENVER, CO - April 121, 2011 - (RealEstateRama) -- Kris Kerr, a service-driven real estate professional, has joined The Gordon Group with Kentwood Real Estate in the Denver Tech Center as a Broker Associate. Kerr is now serving the diverse real estate needs of clients throughout the metro Denver area....
- ERC and NCLR Investigation Uncovers Housing Discrimination against Latinos in Three Major Metropolitan Areas
- LA County Rolls Out Online System for Building and Safety Permits
- Virginia Bureau of Financial Institutions Receives Banking, Mortgage Supervision Reaccreditations014 Press Releases Conference of State Bank Supervisors 8/1/2014 Media Release Conference of State Bank Supervisors 1129 20th Street, NW, 9th Floor, Washington, DC, 20036 Virginia Bureau of Financial Institutions Receives Banking, Mortgage Supervision Reaccreditations Washington, D.C. â€“ The Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS) and the American Association of Residential Mortgage Regulators (AARMR) announced today that the Virginia Bureau of Financial Institutions (The Bureau) has received certificates of accreditation, certifying that the Division maintains the highest standards and practices in state banking and mortgage supervision, as set forth by the CSBS Bank Accreditation Program and the AARMR/CSBS Mortgage Accreditation Program, respectively. This is the Bureauâ€™s fourth bank accreditation, with the first accreditation occurring in 1999. This is also the first mortgage accreditation for the Bureau, making it the 15th state agency to obtain accreditation. The Bureau, a regulatory division of the State Corporation Commission of Virginia (SCC), is led by E. Joseph Face. Jr., the SCCâ€™s Commissioner of Financial Institutions. â€śIt is my pleasure to congratulate Commissioner Face and his staff on receiving bank supervision reaccreditation,â€ť said CSBS President and CEO John W. Ryan. â€śFor the last 15 years, the Bureau has maintained the highest quality of bank supervision.â€ť â€śCongratulations to Commissioner Face and the Virginia Bureau of Financial Institutions,â€ť said Cindy Begin, AARMR President. â€śCommissioner Face was one of the original state regulators to help start AARMR, and it is a pleasure seeing his Bureau continue to represent the best in mortgage examination and regulation.â€ť â€śI am very proud of all Bureau staff who worked long and tirelessly on this effort,â€ť said Commissioner Face. â€śWe continually strive to maintain the highest standards and practices, and I am honored to accept the certificates of accreditation on behalf of the Bureau.â€ť Commissioner E. Joseph Face Jr. has been employed at the Bureau since 1979 when he began work as an examiner. During his career with the Bureau, he has worked in each of the Bureauâ€™s regulatory sections and has participated in on-site examinations and investigations involving both depository and non-depository financial institutions. The Bureau supervises banks, credit unions, consumer finance companies, money service businesses, and mortgage businesses. # # # CSBS Media Contacts: Catherine Woody, Vice President of Media and Industry Relations, email@example.com or 202.728.5733 Rockhelle Johnson, Senior Manager of Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.407.7156 Matt Longacre, Manager of Communications, email@example.com or 202.803.8091 AARMR Media Contact: Erika Freundel, Associate Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.521.3999 About CSBS: The Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS) is the nationwide organization of banking regulators from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. State banking regulators supervise nearly 5,200 state?chartered financial institutions. Further, most state banking departments also regulate a variety of non-bank financial services providers, including mortgage lenders. For more than a century, CSBS has given state supervisors a national forum to coordinate supervision of their regulated entities and to develop regulatory policy. CSBS also provides training to state banking and financial regulators and represents its members before Congress and the federal financial regulatory agencies. About AARMR: The American Association of Residential Mortgage Regulators (AARMR) is the national organization representing state residential mortgage regulators. AARMR’s mission is to promote the exchange of information and education concerning the licensing, supervision and regulation of the residential mortgage industry, to ensure the ability of state mortgage regulators to provide effective mortgage supervision for a safe and sound industry meeting the needs of the local financial markets and to protect the rights of consumers.
- NAHB Receives 10th Energy Star Designation
- Modular Building Institute Nominated for Prestigious Award
- AIA Selects Eight Projects for National Healthcare Design Awards
- Op-ed by First Lady Michelle Obama on McClatchy: Letâ€™s end veteran homelessness once and for all
- CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYMENT INCREASES IN 215 OUT OF 339 METRO AREAS BETWEEN JUNE 2013 & JUNE 2014 AS 26 AREAS EXCEED PREVIOUS HIGHS FOR THE MONTH
- Residents and business owners benefit from neighborhood marketing and branding initiative
- NAHB Professional Women in Building Council Now Accepting Entries for Annual Awards Program
- NAHB Revamps its Green Awards for 2014