WASHINGTON, D.C. – August 21, 2015 – (RealEstateRama) — Home prices are appreciating in San Diego at a rate that has real estate professionals giddy with anticipation. Buy a property today, and you could see it appreciate in value within months. This is due to the desirability of the location, and an upswing in job creation and wage growth. For investors, San Diego is a prime destination that’s sure to deliver big returns.
4 Reasons People Move to San Diego
1. San Diego is a bustling metropolis and a beautiful paradise. It’s an area that truly has it all, and that’s the number one reason people move to San Diego. Folks can find steady work in the city, and after hours they can unwind at one of the area’s many beaches. Pacific Beach, Ocean Beach, and Mission Bay are all just a short distance from downtown.
2. Although San Diego is alive in flora and fauna, the area isn’t susceptible to heavy rains. Tour Guide Tim reminds readers that San Diego has more tree and plant varietals than any other state in the country, and yet the infrequent raining has resulted in fewer flies, mosquitoes, and gnats.
3. When compared to other cities in the state, (Los Angeles, San Francisco, etc.) San Diego has lower rents and mortgages.
Most rents and mortgages cost less than $2,000.
4. The charming neighborhoods cause many to fall in love with downtown’s charisma. Little Italy, North Park, Hillcrest, and Ocean Beach are just a sampling of the fine neighborhoods San Diego is comprised of.
5. San Diego is a great place to raise a family. Visit the Zoo, Legoland, SeaWorld and other family friendly locations. Also, Forbes ranked San Diego as one of their top 10 safest cities in 2010.
How to Invest In America’s Finest City
In an article titled, San Diego housing market surges, Union-Tribune contributor Jonathan Horn explains that the city’s most active time for real estate is during spring and summer. If you’re shopping around, you’re going to find more homes on the market at these times than any other.
The competitiveness doesn’t necessarily guarantee you a lower price, but it doesn’t hurt to check out what’s available during these peak times. Your best bet is to visit the city a few times, and determine which neighborhood is the most desirable, and where houses are selling the fastest and at the greatest markup.
If you’ve never visited San Diego, Welk Timeshare can help ensure your experience gives you a taste of the whole city. Before you invest in San Diego, you should get familiar with the city’s offerings. This is going to help you give a detailed, knowledgeable description to would-be buyers or tenants. Choose a package deal that includes a trip to the golf course, or SeaWorld tickets.
Before booking any hotel, you should look into reviews. For example, you can read a Welk Timeshare review on Facebook and hear from fellow timeshare investors. Do the same anywhere you’re considering staying, and ensure the location is nearby local attractions. It may be a good idea to call ahead and let the resort know you’re traveling for business and researching San Diego’s real estate market.
You may be met with maps and other goodies to help you on your way.
Because the supply of housing is somewhat low, many investors are putting their dollars toward the development of newer high-end units. If development isn’t your game, just ask a local realtor to show you properties in your price range, and in the neighborhoods you’re most interested in.