Alexandria, Va. – (RealEstateRama) — Leading bankruptcy professionals and dealmakers will converge at “VALCON 2017: Emerging Valuation Issues in Bankruptcy and Beyond,” taking place at the Four Seasons Hotel in Las Vegas March 1-3, 2017. Sponsored by the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors and the University of Texas School of Law, the conference will feature up to 14.5/15.5 hours of CLE/CPE credit, including 1 hour of ethics, with the opportunity to take part in special valuation fundamentals and technical valuation breakout program tracks.
There will also be a special live “Eye on Bankruptcy” session during lunch with ABI Editor-at-Large Bill Rochelle talking with Cate Long of the Puerto Rico Clearinghouse (New York) about the municipal bond market and municipal bankruptcies. Leah M. Eisenberg of Arent Fox LLP (New York) and Christopher R. LeWand of FTI Consulting, Inc. (Denver) are the co-chairs for the conference.
Track A: Valuation Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Finance for Distressed Companies
- Fundamentals of Valuation and Methodologies
Track B: Technical Valuation Issues
- Preparing Expert Reports
- Defending Your Expert Report in a Daubert Challenge
General Sessions include:
- Valuation Case Study
- Distressed Investment Strategies
- The Proper Role of an Examiner in Chapter 11 Cases
- Determining Valuation and the Fulcrum Security Amidst Market Volatility: When the “In the Money” Mark Moves
- Valuation Issues for the Clean Energy and Power Industry
- Valuation of Litigation Assets for Providing Financing and Other Purposes
- Valuation of Assets and Restructuring in Emerging Markets
- Judicial Panel
- Hot Topics in Valuation
- Ethical Issues Involving Disclosures and Retention
For a program schedule and full list of speakers, please click here.
ABI is the largest multi-disciplinary, nonpartisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related to insolvency. ABI was founded in 1982 to provide Congress and the public with unbiased analysis of bankruptcy issues. The ABI membership includes more than 12,000 attorneys, accountants, bankers, judges, professors, lenders, turnaround specialists and other bankruptcy professionals, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. For additional information on ABI, visit www.abiworld.org. For additional conference information, visit http://www.abi.org/calendar-of-events.