Chicago, IL – October 24, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) today announced the election of Brian F. Stoffers, CMB, President, CBRE Capital Markets as the new Chair of its Commercial Real Estate/Multifamily Finance Board of Governors (COMBOG) at the association’s 99th Annual Convention & Expo in Chicago. Rodrigo Lopez, CMB, AmeriSphere Multifamily Finance LLC, will serve as Vice Chair.
COMBOG is comprised of MBA member executives representing all aspects of the commercial/ multifamily real estate finance industry. COMBOG leads the strategic development of MBA’s commercial/multifamily policy and initiatives, as well as best practices and standards. It represents the diverse interests of MBA’s member companies through standing councils, which are led by industry leaders and supported by expert staff, and special work groups and task forces.
“I want to thank Tari Flannery for her leadership of COMBOG over the last year and welcome Brian Stoffers as the new chair. Brian is widely respected throughout our industry and I know he will do an outstanding job,” said MBA Chairman Debra W. Still, CMB. “MBA’s commercial and multifamily leaders have elected an excellent team to guide commercial/multifamily policy development over the next year and MBA is fortunate Brian and Rodrigo have agreed to serve in this capacity.”
Mr. Stoffers was previously Vice Chair of COMBOG. In addition to his service on COMBOG, he serves on MBA’s Board of Directors and GSE Multifamily Task Force. Mr. Lopez also serves MBA on its Board of Directors and GSE Multifamily Task Force.
MBA’s new members of COMBOG are:
• Joseph F. Beggins, GEMSA Loan Services LP
• Hugh Frater, Berkadia
• Lisa Dorsey Glass, Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers
• Brad Hauger, PNC Real Estate/Midland Loan Services
• Brigid Mattingly, Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
• Jody B. Thornton, Holliday Fenoglio Fowler, L.P
MBA’s returning members of COMBOG are:
• David Brickman, Freddie Mac
• Adrian Corbiere, Cohen Financial
• Margie Custis, Principal Real Estate Investors
• M.W. Sam Davis, Allstate Investments LLC
• Thomas Dennard, Grandbridge Real Estate Capital LLC
• Keith Dunsmore, Esq., Bryan Cave LLP
• Mark B. Fisher, CMB, StanCorp Mortgage Investors LLC
• Tari L. Flannery, CMB, M&T Realty Capital Corporation
• J. Kingsley Greenland, II, DebtX
• Ken J. Griggs, NBS Financial Services
• Jeffery R. Hayward, Fannie Mae
• David Iannarone, CWCapital Asset Management LLC
• Guy K. Johnson, Johnson Capital Group Inc.
• Richard D. Jones, Esq., Dechert LLP
• Jeffrey S. Juster, Newport Capital LLC
• Brian P. Lancaster, RBS
• Reginald Leese, BlackRock Financial Management Inc.
• Zanda Lynn, Fitch Ratings
• William G. McPadden, John Hancock Financial Services
• Phoebe Moreo, Deloitte
• Kevin Riordan, CreXus Investment Corp.
• William Ross, NorthMarq Capital LLC
• Robert M. Stout, Q10 Capital LLC
• Jon B. Weinberg, Summit Investment Partners
• Steven Wendel, Deutsche Bank Berkshire Mortgage Inc.
The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) is the national association representing the real estate finance industry, an industry that employs more than 280,000 people in virtually every community in the country. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the association works to ensure the continued strength of the nation’s residential and commercial real estate markets; to expand homeownership and extend access to affordable housing to all Americans. MBA promotes fair and ethical lending practices and fosters professional excellence among real estate finance employees through a wide range of educational programs and a variety of publications. Its membership of over 2,200 companies includes all elements of real estate finance: mortgage companies, mortgage brokers, commercial banks, thrifts, Wall Street conduits, life insurance companies and others in the mortgage lending field. For additional information, visit MBA’s Web site: www.mortgagebankers.org.