ConsensusDocs Coalition Also Releases New Purchase Order and Revised Design-Build Agreements
Washington, D.C. – April 23, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — ConsensusDocs® users will be able to work on their standard construction contracts using Microsoft Word® on a PC or Mac as the result of an upgraded new web-based platform released today by the coalition. The new technology allows the more than 4,700 office locations currently using ConsensusDocs to share and collaborate with anyone using Word.
“The new cloud-based technology platform totally transforms how we deliver contracts,” said Brian Perlberg, executive director and senior counsel for ConsensusDocs. “Our growing base of subscribers can now collaborate and negotiate contracts more efficiently.”
The new technology allows contract sharing with multiple contract collaborators either via the web or offline, compare versions of Word, PDF, effectively organize contacts, projects, and each negotiation step into a central dashboard, create templates as favorites for future projects, convert scanned paper and pdf documents into text, and access new and updated standard contracts and technology improvements in real time.
Perlberg added that “the new technology is being offered at no additional cost and current users can opt to use either the new or old system for a period of time.”
The coalition is also releasing new and updated standard construction contract documents including:
• ConsensusDocs 702 Standard Purchase Order
• ConsensusDocs 702.1 General Conditions to Standard Purchase Order
• ConsensusDocs 235 – Standard Agreement Between Owner and Contractor (Cost of Work)
• Exhibits A and B to ConsensusDocs 235
• ConsensusDocs 415 – Standard Agreement and General Conditions Between Owner and Design-Builder (Lump Sum)
• ConsensusDocs 450 – Standard Agreement Between Design-Builder and Subcontractor
• ConsensusDocs 460 – Standard Agreement Between Design-Builder and Subcontractor (Where the Subcontractor Provides an Element of Design and a GMP)
These new agreements and editions provide the latest contractual best practices in today’s design and construction industry for design-build, cost of the work, and purchase order construction contracts.
ConsensusDocs is a coalition of 35 associations representing diverse interests in the design and construction industry that collaboratively writes and endorses 90+ contract documents covering all methods of project delivery. The ConsensusDocs coalition is committed to assuring that the contracts continue to serve the best interests of the project and the industry.
Please visit us at www.ConsensusDocs.org.
ConsensusDocs… Building a Better Way!
Carrie Ciliberto, 703.837.5367